Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49118 Fri May 04 2001 06:00 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Iam restoring a ERIE model # 158 S.S # TF57350. I need the slight glsss that mounts on the side and would like to know how rare this pump is...or is it a pretty common pump? Thanks Lee From N.C.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#49119 Fri May 04 2001 06:15 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
to find the sight galss you might want to check out www.vicsplace.com I dont have the catalog with me but I believe I saw the sight glass for sale there. they also will be able to answer your question about the year and how rare/common your pump is. Good Luck with your project!

#49120 Sat May 05 2001 05:34 AM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
It can also be found at www.gaspumpheaven.com Diane and Andy can help you out.

#49121 Sat May 05 2001 08:54 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Finding literature on pumps made especially for Gulf Oil Company is a somewhat difficult. No ads were ever made for them and pump companies brochures would not list them as these pumps were made under contract for Gulf Oil only. Once in a while I find a Parts/Repair manual for a GOC pump, but very few. I have info on a Bennett 748 GOC (50's) but nothing on your 156. While these pumps may be rare they sometimes have limited appeal, meaning they were Gulf pumps and the tendency is to restore them back to Gulf, and if you never had Gulf in your area or don't care for Gulf, a person may not want one in his collection. I like to say have fun with your restoration, remembering that when Gulf was finished with these pump they did not destroy them, they sold them on the used pump market to smaller stations and independents and then they were rebranded to just about any oil company. So they don't have to be restored to Gulf if you don't want to.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved