Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49128 Mon Oct 08 2007 10:53 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Guys,
I have a Question... after Many years I am finally restoring our National A38 ... It was the firt pump we ever got, before we knew that it was so rare...anyway, we have done several others, but finally got to this one... my question is... I am looking for what ever goes in the top of the side panel... guess it is part of the hose holder? There are like 3 holes in the top panel.. looking for that part or a pic... or any info on what it should look like.
Thanks in advance for any help with this,

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#49129 Mon Oct 08 2007 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you are talking about the nozzle receiver, It looks like this. The nozzle tip inserts into this stainless steel plate.

The plate has three studs that stick out from the backside, go thru the side panel and attach the inside nozzle 'tube' to the sheetmetal.

You can see one of the studs/nuts in the 'inside' photo above.

If this is not what you are looking for - and the holes are higher in the side panel . . . then you must have a National A-38-H.

Then the piece you need is a cast white metal, 'U' channel that is 'banana' shaped.

The channel holds the 16' (yes, sixteen foot) hose assembly that went on these pumps. The hose exits from the base of the pump - loops up and over the 'banana' holder and then ends with the nozzle. There is also a hose retainer that mounts to the edge of the side panel about 30" up from the ground.

You can just see the bottom end of the 'banana' piece in the outside photo above.

If you need additional photos of any of these parts - shoot me an e-mail and I'll send some out to you.

Later . . .

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved