Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#491961 - Thu Nov 14 2013 09:09 PM You never know what you might see
JUNK KING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
The wife was watching The Michael J. Fox show and said look they have your old Hess truck. Sure enough sold one like it a while ago.

Attachments
1384484836687.jpg

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#491995 - Fri Nov 15 2013 01:14 AM Re: You never know what you might see [Re: JUNK KING]
Jack Sim Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
There is a ton of them out there.

Jack Sim

#492011 - Fri Nov 15 2013 07:49 AM Re: You never know what you might see [Re: Jack Sim]
60wayne Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Lynchburg, Va.
I was having lunch at a local bar the other day and the American Picker's show was on the TV. I saw an old car up on poles and thought I have seen that.Where was it? Then I noticed a Union 76 sign in the background, leaning against a shed.

I then realized that, the other day I had seen this stuff in an auction notice on auctionzip.com,for this coming weekend. The sale had looked interesting so I had thought to go. On top of that there is another sale on the way there that has a few gas pumps. One of the pumps I have seen sell in the past at a different auction several years ago.

To top it off the next episode of the Picker's comes on and there is my friend Thornton {The King of Petro}

#492583 - Sun Nov 17 2013 10:02 PM Re: You never know what you might see [Re: 60wayne]
60wayne Offline
Veteran Member

Well I went to both auctions and enjoyed the day looking around. I did not buy anything but saw some cool stuff.

Attachments
092.JPG

093.JPG

104.JPG

112.JPG

#492585 - Sun Nov 17 2013 10:08 PM Re: You never know what you might see [Re: 60wayne]
60wayne Offline
Veteran Member

The Gilbarco did not sell at the second auction. The reserve was too high. It went high when I saw it sell several years ago. They were wanting to make a profit at what they set the reserve at. They should have let it go because they sure made up for it on a set of oil bottles and the Wayne 70.

Attachments
107.JPG

119.JPG

120.JPG

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved