Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wasn't speaking from a preservation standpoint, I think the Romans are beautiful pumps, I've owned 2 and still have one. I just think the lines on the pump are stunning and multi colored pinstripes are cartoonish, just not my taste.
Glad it's safe and dry though.
The Rolls on the other hand is not actually a Rolls, complete reproduction with the exception of some period accessories, I thought I recognized it, it was for sale online a while back.
Originally Posted By: bppierce
It's only paint.
[/quote]
And I'm guessing that this paint job made his restoration "for him".
But that's the neat thing about it being only paint; once the original paint is gone it can be painted over and over again without any more loss to authenticity or value.
Now if he were to make alterations such as metal work, shortening it or something that can't be changed with a simple can of paint, then the preservation community would have a valid complaint. [/quote]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I liked the roman . Different , not the usual meat and potatoes...... Now Burma shave , was before a little my time , but I know how the advertised their small signs on phone poles spaced out on the high way as a friend of mine has a mint set that came from a salesman , great cars and pumps , neat museum!

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved