Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dave's Garage #494678 Wed Nov 27 2013 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
I wouldn't pay more than what the base sign is worth. A grade 7.5 sign remains a 7.5 sign whether it's restored or not. In my books; it's the grade alone that determines value.

...EXACTLY...I don't buy restored signs either...my example was based on what someone who buys restored signs should expect to pay...and I don't think most sign restorations are done to save the sign, so much as ease the sign owner's mind about the damage that they can't 'unsee'...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
gulfiend! #494691 Wed Nov 27 2013 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree Mark. I had five large Sunbeam Bread signs, I kept the one I thought was the best because of the gloss of the paint. I put it on the wall in a place I would enjoy it everyday. After I hung it the nail hole in the slice of bread at the end of the loaf kept bugging me. That is all I would see every time I walked in the room. Still a great sign, later I found another sign but a different version. I took the one with the nail hole down and put it up in another room that I don't use as much, and put the new one in its place. I eased my mind.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved