Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
While I was there a dad and 2 boys came in I was talking to the dad about Shelbys and his boys were looking around in aw. My helper who is in one of the pictures started talking to them about signs and neons and he showed them pictures of stuff I have and places we've been to buy things they were very mesmerized by it all. One of them asked where did all that stuff come from so I told them about the old gas stations and stuff from back in the day. He said when he got old enough he wanted a fast car like these and some of those "light up signs" who knows maybe he'll carry on the colleting tradition when he gets older. Because if the young dont see stuff like this and become involved then we are just really stewards of stuff destined for the scrap heap of time

Last edited by JUNK KING; Sat Nov 30 2013 07:53 AM.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
confused Didn't you say these guys were in the Repro Ford Parts Business? I imagine they clearly tell you if the parts you are buying are not original versus NOS, New Old Stock......maybe the wall décor is there for decoration to the vast majority of there customers, car not sign collectors? Looks good to them I bet. Looks better than bare walls to me without having a fortune tied up in signs instead of car parts.......that is their business. JMO.
Ed Steagall.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I agree with what Jefferson said:

"I am not completely obsesed with whether a sign is real or not as long as I know the difference".

I really enjoy looking at this collection while time is ticking away ...

Hen

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved