Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
To All of You Old Gas Pro's out there, hopefully you can help me identify my Grandpa's Service Station Pumps from his place in Nebraska before and after WWII. Unfortunately these are the clearest cropped pictures I can come up with. If able to, can you supply Pump Maker and Model #'s and the brand sold? One has a pump plate and I can't make it out, the other looks like it has a gallon price holder attached to it. The visible has a globe on it and no telling what it advertised. My Dad and I always wanted to locate similar pumps and restore them, however my dad passed away a week and a half ago and we never made it. I would like to find and restore them in his memory so any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

pump 1  photo.jpg Pump 2 photo.jpg pump 3 photo .jpg
Last edited by 1965CHPCSP; Fri Nov 29 2013 01:17 PM.

Collecting Conoco, Gates Rubber & Tires, B.F. Goodrich, Cliff Brice, Vickers, Mobil, National Refining Co., Philco, Ma Bell and Pikes Peak Hill Climb!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry to hear of your dad's passing...my condolences

TOM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Here is a side view of two of the pumps. I do not know if they are the same make and model. Hopefully someone can ID them.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Mike

side 1 photo .jpg

Collecting Conoco, Gates Rubber & Tires, B.F. Goodrich, Cliff Brice, Vickers, Mobil, National Refining Co., Philco, Ma Bell and Pikes Peak Hill Climb!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
looks like wayne 60 to me, both narrow and wide computing models. not sure on visible

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Tom,
This has been a real tough week and a half. I miss him more than anyone will ever know. He was my best buddy and companion my entire life. My Dad and I had a very special bond and this is going to hurt for a long, long time. We both cherished the same things and had identical likes. It was almost like we were twins separated at birth 24 years apart.
He is now with my Mom and free from pain but that doesn't ease my pain.
To lose both parents in two and a half years is way too much to comprehend.
I missed him at Thanksgiving, but knowing he has reunited with my Mom in heaven helps!
Thanks for the kind words again, Mike

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Tough to hear especially on a holiday. Time is the only thing that seems to help.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Visible looks like a Hayes

Jason Howard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WAYNE 60 Wide Frames,
HAYES 1923

Go to that town & ask the oldest persons you can find or ask the local historian for old phone books/pictures.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Dick,
We go back a couple times a year and the old station is still there. My Dad and I just never had the kick in the butt to get this done since we were doing so many other restorations, etc..together. Now is the time so I will do just that.
I have old checks, receipts, etc.. but no indication of what brand they sold.
The hunt is on now.
Thanks for all of the info. Dick. BTW my dad was nicknamed Dick also and reminded me a lot of you by your responses......a no BS guy with a good sense of humor.
Thanks Again, Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
..a no BS guy with a good sense of humor

LOL, I can think of a few worse names/nicknames to have had!
Always been a Dick

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J

While I cannot offer you a copy of my Gas Pump ID book (because it is out of print) but I can offer you the ability to go to my website www.petrocollect.com Then click on the Literature section and look up the pumps as described by the previous posts.

This should help you ID the pumps, and hopefully determine the date the station was existence.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Nov 30 2013 01:21 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Mike,

Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I am very lucky to still have both my parents but your loss reminds me of ten years ago when I lost both my grandfathers in the same week. Take one day at a time. You will have both good days and bad days dealing with the passing.

Good luck and God speed in your efforts.

Michael

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mike, sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.
Thank you for posting the pics. Where in Nebraska was the station?
Rod van Pelt

Last edited by rvanpelt; Sat Nov 30 2013 08:28 AM.

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words guys. Only time will heal all wounds as they say. It is tough though to lose both parents with in 30 months of each other and both were so young 72 and 74. That's what hurts the most.

I think the pumps have been ID'd and appreciate all the help. The main question remains what brand he sold. None of our paper work indicates anything except their slogan on their invoices etc.. had a little guy holding a pump handle and it states "Our Gas Has A Kick". And it appears to be copyrighted. Is this any clue to you guys?

Thanks again for all the help. This helps take my mind off of things.
Mike

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I think the pumps have been ID'd and appreciate all the help. The main question remains what brand he sold. None of our paper work indicates anything except their slogan on their invoices etc.. had a little guy holding a pump handle and it states "Our Gas Has A Kick". And it appears to be copyrighted. Is this any clue to you guys?

Thanks Again, Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved