Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
This is a never-used, as new, GM Futurliner promo cap. It salutes the General Motors Futurliner Parade of Progress that used to travel the U.S. in the mid to late 1930's and into the 1940's. The Futurliners were huge, specially built vehicles, designed to showcase GM's look into the future (houses, highways, appliances), including their concept cars. The roof and the sides opened to reveal the displays inside.

This never-worn cap was produced about five years ago as part of a campaign to raise funds to restore one of the few remaining, original Futurliner vehicles. It is high quality, and adjustable in size. I only have one available.

The price is just $13.90, INCLUDING shipping (with tracking) in the U.S. Your personal or business check, a money order, or PayPal are all welcomed for payment. Thanks for looking. John

afc1DSC00024.jpg afc2DSC00025.jpg
Last edited by Jolly-John; Sun Dec 08 2013 03:45 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One of the restored ones came to the Oldsmobile homecoming show last year it was a very cool bus.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I also saw one of the restored Futurliners at the large Iola, Wisconsin show and swap maybe three years ago. Quite the restoration challenge, since the body and most interior components were originally custom built.

I remember one of the Futurliner crew telling me that getting the correct huge, whitewall tires was one of their biggest challenges. For whatever reason, it wasn't simply a matter of applying a white sidewall to a truck or bus tire. I believe they also needed a very straight tread, since that's what the original Futurline tire had. Not at all sure on the details, however. John

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
SOLD! John

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved