Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
They have to carry some type of insurance , If you have a lease read it and contact their insurance . not to sound like barney but they still take finger prints don't they, There have to be some good prints on the signs that have been relocated.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I've been a vendor in several Antique Malls in the past twenty years. I've had items stolen right in front of the security camera. The first incident occurred, while a restaurant in an adjacent area of the mall, was having a Christmas Party. They had pictures of the thief but could not identify him. They did post pictures throughout that mall, but item was lost. Next item grew legs and left??? Small signs walk away all the time. I finally gave up using this type of retail. Now I only do shows and use the internet. As for insurance, all the malls usually carry liability insurance and require that the vendor has coverage on his space. Loss of product is covered in the lease and to date, I have not seen a mall that covers vendor loss. Sad but true, I'm afraid. I too agree that someone, on staff, in this mall has something to do with these disappearances. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I was just thinking that many of the signs collectors own were once stolen. I would think that as old signs were updated with new images, fonts and logos old signs would be discarded but many signs were also removed by thieves.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hate thieves and liars.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a friend who quit her neighborhood gas station; just gave it back to the company. She was losing money to employee theft.
Too little to make off the gas, profits were expected from the convenience store part. Besides the loss there was the angst of having an employee pilfer your stuff and little that you could do to collect the stolen goods-just fire the person. She was never robbed by "real" thieves but that was always on her mind as well. Tired off it all she quit. I can see why Paul is selling mainly online-probably easier from the theft perspective.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Agree inside theft. Employee theft was the worse when I worked as a Deputy Marshall in San Antonio. Even had a HEB big wig admit that if they could just stop the employee theft they wouldn't care at all about the customer theft.

Hope you get your items back. Please keep us posted.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Nothing worse than a theft . Had the same problem from the antique store where Im a vender. I noticed one day a few oil bottles were gone and thought they had sold. But found nothing on the books. I talked to the owner and we went through the camera's, They only went back 5 days of tape.No luck. A few days later a freind out of las vegas called and said he really liked the standard oil bottles he bought and wanted to know if I had more. After talking to him he told me the guy gave him a 40 percent discount for cash. Found out later it was another vender watching the store while the owner went to the bank. Police took all info but nothing ever came of it. Thats ok He now walks with a LIMP. Im sure I don't know how that happened.
GENE

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
To azjockey..I think they call that karma!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
UNBELIEVABLE.
I'd have installed my own cameras/sensors, after 1st items disappeared. 2nd time I'd have removed all my stuff.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
UNBELIEVABLE ? Could'nt agree more DB. Ron Lease-Collector

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ron there is a pennzoil sign in this auction and from Ohio.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctio...tSearchRadius=0

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved