Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#499277 - Tue Dec 17 2013 03:23 PM "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath...
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
For years, I have debated about "transforming" a small 1/2 bath in the back of my home into something "Gas and Oil" related...

I finally decided to "get off the dime and do something"...

The room still needs to be repainted. But, it now has the feel I was hoping for...

As to color? I am thinking about, a color combo of. The lower 1/3rd of the walls in a light mint green (the walls are now a blue). The other 2/3rd of the walls in a light cream with a small red band between the 2 colors.... In other words, a room in Associated colors (what else would appeal to me... LOL)

This is what I have so far in the room:

(for those wondering what I look like)

(without the flash)

The room still has a way to go, but I'm happy. And those that have seen it (both Men and Women); even in this unfinished state have (lied to me and) said they like the look... LOL

(this room was possible, because I am divorced and not dating anyone "special" at this time... so I took advantage of the "situation".... LOL)

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#499284 - Tue Dec 17 2013 03:36 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Bob Richards]
KYGULF Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Central Kentucky
Looks great Bob! The colors would look good! grin

Brian

#499287 - Tue Dec 17 2013 03:41 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: KYGULF]
Gasman84470 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
Good to see you were wearing clothes in the bathroom when you took those pictures. :-)
room looks great with tidewater/veedol/associated theme.

#499290 - Tue Dec 17 2013 03:46 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Gasman84470]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
Looks good bob,I'm sure you'll add more as the garage gets fuller!lol

#499292 - Tue Dec 17 2013 03:49 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: oldnfuelish]
Steven C. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Great idea!! Look forward to seeing more!!

Edited by Steve C. (Tue Dec 17 2013 03:51 PM)

#499298 - Tue Dec 17 2013 04:03 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Steven C.]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
I like it and it looks great Bob . My wife complains about my time spent in the throne now , she really will complain some day when I copycat that. On or new home ... Ahhh Sinclair.

#499310 - Tue Dec 17 2013 05:09 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: 47reo-travis]
Rabbitman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Missouri,USA
Looks good Bob. I know a guy that has a nice old condom machine that you probably should add if you really want an authentic filling station bathroom...especially since you're single and all...But if you do that I would probably wait til the second or third date with the next girl to show her the room!

#499319 - Tue Dec 17 2013 06:10 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Rabbitman]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

You know, Gary... I don't remember any Gas Station that I visited (or worked in) before the early 1970s that had a condom machine in it... Even then they weren't all that common...

Bars and Restaurants, yes... But, not too many "Baby Boomers" and those from earlier generations that I personally know/knew went to a Gas Station Restroom to "get supplied"....

Maybe I just "lived in conservative areas"? No that can't be it, I've never heard anyone claim that the West Coast and Military Bases were somehow "conservative" when it came to sex.... LOL

#499324 - Tue Dec 17 2013 06:17 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Bob Richards]
Rabbitman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Missouri,USA
Lol! No, I doubt that too many military bases would be called conservative! But I do remember when i was a little kid and still innocent asking my dad what that machine was in our old local DX station. He replied the standard safe answer.."I'll tell you when you get a little older"...and, there was one in every station around town while I was in high school (thankfully!). Must be that us Ozark hillbillys needed more help than you west coasters....or we had easier girls. No wait, that wasn't it!!

#499365 - Tue Dec 17 2013 08:50 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Rabbitman]
r49th Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: clio, michigan usa
Appropriate room for gas.

#575056 - Fri Oct 17 2014 07:11 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: r49th]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Well time to bore you folks again...

It is getting close to 1 yr since I started working on my concept of a "Gas/Oil" themed half bath...

Items have been added and removed, as the idea progressed...

I added a few items in the last couple of days... And think I am real close to being about done... (yah right)...

I've gone from being pretty much clean shaven; to now looking as if I am auditioning for a part in a "Grizzly Adams" movie. And IMO, the half bath has gone through pretty much the same transformation...

#575058 - Fri Oct 17 2014 07:17 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Bob Richards]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

And now the items, I've added in the last two days:

I added a "Men's" sign:

I also removed the large Flying A Tire and Tube decal... In it's place I added these two "beauties"...

Cardboard Tydol Gasoline posters....

#575061 - Fri Oct 17 2014 07:33 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Bob Richards]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Looks good Bob,love the posters. sending you a pm.

#575100 - Fri Oct 17 2014 11:49 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Loyd Pierce]
Highway66 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: SANTA MONICA, CA
Now that looks great!

#575102 - Sat Oct 18 2014 01:15 AM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Highway66]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Looks awesome!!

#575110 - Sat Oct 18 2014 06:45 AM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Dave's Garage]
archer2 Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Marshall Va USA
I like it, nice job.

#575113 - Sat Oct 18 2014 07:06 AM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: archer2]
Steven C. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Looks good Bob!! Man you have some great looking framed stuff there!!! I love that poster there of the man getting his wife into the cold car. Reminds me of my folks back in the day.

#575166 - Sat Oct 18 2014 12:10 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: Steven C.]
djhubba Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Seattle WA
AWESOME Bob..outstanding job my friend smile

#575230 - Sat Oct 18 2014 08:00 PM Re: "Gas and Oil" theme 1/2 bath... [Re: djhubba]
bsplichal95 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hays, Kansas
Sweet!! Looks good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved