Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49940 Fri Oct 11 2002 02:33 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I am restoring a Signal Gas Station that was built in 1940 in Portland, Oregon on North Lombard Street. I am looking for information on colors, neon (there are holes in the station indicating it once had neon) signs, etc. I am especially looking for copies (original not necessary) of a Signal Service Station Engineering Guide from that era, or the 1950's, and for photographs of the station or a similar station. It is mostly glass, has a double garage door, hexagon shaped glass office, and a tower topped with a small "wedding cake" like top.
I would appreciate any information you might have!
Thank you,
-Rob

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#49941 Fri Oct 11 2002 05:12 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hi Rob , you might want to contact larry Hill , you can find his info in the collectors , under california , in this website , he has the largest signal collection , he might be able to help you , good luck ,

#49942 Fri Oct 11 2002 11:54 PM
K
K
We used to have a Signal gas station here in Olympia, Wash. in the 40's and I believe it was still operating in the late 50's. The building still stands fairly intact but now used as an expresso stand located in the 700 block of East 4th Ave in Olympia.

#49943 Wed Oct 16 2002 07:33 AM
E
EJC Offline
E
What a great project! In my neighborhood we have a 1920s stucco Mission-style gas station that has been restored as a auto repair shop. I often see old 1920s gas stations in town and out in the country and wonder why more aren't restored by Petroliana enthusiasts. The old pumps sure would look great standing out in front of 'em.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved