Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I clicked on the link looked at all his cans and globes nice but seem to me to be over priced for some "common" cans. maybe I'm just to cheep.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If I recall the story right his father had priced everything before he passed. I know a few people who have bought from him and they said he will work with you but he will not give it away and I can't say that I blame him.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Thanks to Doc for hosting the BOTW & BOTY...I always look forward to them!!!

It looks like everyone had a great year!!

EnArCo.JPG
My Favorite Sign from 2013.

Cans.JPG
My Favorite Cans from 2013

Chevy.JPG
My favorite one that couldn't stay.

Always looking for:
Early Oil and Auto Cans, Kenyon Tire Signs or Displays, Stutz Motor Car Company Items.

D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
Boy Andy, thought for sure we would see that beautiful Marathon round! wink That's my favorite sign of yours of the year, lol!

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
my stuff is all packed away but here is a couple items I still have out. Can is NOS still full.

001 (575x431) (2) - Copy.jpg 004 (575x431) - Copy.jpg 002 (575x431) - Copy.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It is the same globe. He was a nice guy to deal with, but as you say he didn't give it away. I had been watching his site every since he first advertised the collection here an Old
Gas a year and a half ago hoping it would come up for sale. I happened to click onto his site the day he put it up for sale and the next day I had it bought. The story was that his family would come to Dubois every summer to spend time at a dude ranch there. His dad went throgh a attic of a closed filling station and found that one and a Chevron globe. The worst part was the other side is cracked but his dad glued it together, which it is stilled glued. To me as a Wyoming native and old Frontier employe I had to have it. I do consider it a piece of company and Wyoming history. Mitch

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know if there is a OldGas "Story of the year" but if there is, I nominate J.E. Radebaughs Buy of the Year as the story of the year for 2013!!! What a great window into your family's past! Thanx for sharing that with us!

I have had some very cool buys during 2013 and I don't get to keep much for my own collection but it makes me extremely happy to be able to un-earth/rediscover many of these items and to be able to be the caretaker for them for a short amount of time! The people are another wonderful side of these finds/buys also! Sellers and buyers have some great stories and personalities.

I've been wanting a Vertical sign since I started doing this but I have never wanted a ordinary one.
I was called about the 2 Penn. tires signs and after getting them home and cleaned up, I had to sell the better one but now the vert. sign is my first vertical sign in my own collection! I really enjoy the way the letters are very gothic looking and it is a eye catcher even tho it is simple.
Pictured on my wall, in my home, next to Crushy and I had to edit out the mess on my computer desk. wink

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Killer stuff guys.
Where in Tennessee do you have yard sales with 8 ft 40's porcelain neon Chevy signs for sale??
And Texaco Auto soap exists?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
2013 was a better year than I thought, Picked a lot of hard to find signs here in New Mexico
Here's is early one from the 1920s it does have service station on the bottom

Uploaded with ImageShack.us So I guess that would qualify as gas and oil

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Also picked up this really clean Texaco flange

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And this glass body KanOtex globe in the original box

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And last but not least 15" Flight Gasoline Globe

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sweet globes!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In December, picked up these Cities Service quart cans all in one lot & this harder to find red clover sign.

Also in 2013 a 16 ft marquee sign from an auction & this 6 ft Cities complete pole sign from an 2 OldGassers.

All of these (except the marquee) started with an inquiry nearly 6-months before coming to fruition. It was quite the waiting game, but as always well worth it.

(hopefully 2014 is just as good, if not better!)

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved