Print Thread
#503213 Sun Jan 05 2014 08:26 PM
G
garyh Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hello Everyone, I have a couple questions for air & water hoses. For a Factory correct resto. what colors should the Water & Air hoses be? Hose Length 25 Foot each ? ID. 1/4 " each? Thanks...

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I believe according to ECO literature the water hose is 20' 8", and the air hose is 26'. It also specifies that the hose should be 1/4" ID. Pictures show the hose to be black, but I have never found a ECO with an original black hose, they were always red.
The problem with ECO pictures is that many of them are incorrect. They were made up by the design department when the unit was first introduced, and never changed.
A great example of this is the chrome shown in all the pictures they used in brochures for almost 50 years shows the lower two corners of the bezel to be square. They were never square, the designers just didn't bother to change the pictures.

I have used 25' hoses on both the air and the water drums and they work.

One more thing, I recently came across some original ECO NOS water bibs that are red, not the black ones being sold today. These will also work on the water attachments for the model 98s. Email me if interested: jhsim@petrocollect.com
No pictures posted yet, but I can post some if you want.

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco-240%20parts.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
garyh Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks Jack, I think I will go with a Black water hose and a Red Air hose when I restore it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved