Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50352 Sun Oct 22 2000 05:02 PM
J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Anyone know who rebuilds 1936 Tokheim 36B computer units? Would like mine to rotate around when driven by a electric motor.
Joe

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#50353 Mon Oct 23 2000 06:29 AM
G
G
Joe,
It may be possable to have it rebuilt. I would need to send the computer to my rebuilder. I am not sure what computer the 36B used. It was probably a V-R 56 three wheel that priced up to .39 9/10
If you can send a photo to me, I will forward it to my rebuilder and get a quote.
Regards,
Byron

#50354 Fri Nov 10 2000 06:16 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The chance that you have the original 36b computer in your pump is very slim. Computers were only guaranteed for about 20 months and this is about how long they lasted without rebuilding. When the computer quit working, the station owner called a service man, the service man pulled the computer and put in a rebuilt one (a service station could not wait for it to be rebuilt). The old computer was then rebuilt for some later pump. They never were taken back to the original pump. I believe the original 36b computer had a side reading for the total gallons, check yours to see if it was replaced with one that had the very small numbers on the face of one side of the pump.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved