Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#507763 Thu Jan 23 2014 09:45 AM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Well good news folks, ebay Has employed a new method to ship for you or should I say tell buyers how much they have to pay for shipping.
Sold an item for $17.05 to a guy in canada, and guessed shipping to be $18.00 here in the states. Ebay told the guy he should only have to pay another amount with their shipping global program. I shipped the item, as we had emails on whether I would ship to Canada. I usually trust people as on here when they say they are going to do something. Well low and behold, the buyer does not want to pay what the post office charged to ship 7 lbs to Canada, $40.00 He did not like the Canadian fees and the extra amount over what Ebay says it should be.
No more shipping to Canada for me on ebay, Merry Christmas.

Craig
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Now if they would just call Justin Bieber back..

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've got lots of stuff sent here through ebay.. I just make sure the seller marks the package as a "Gift".. Then no custom fees will be given.

^^ Also, Apparently Justin Bieber got charged for DUI, resisting arrest and many another things within the past couple days.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
You must have been automatically opted into the global shipping program. There is a check box to opt out of it. The global shipping program makes the seller ship the item to a warehouse where pitney bowes removes the item from the box...puts it into a smaller box and ships as cheap as possible. You could put so much effort into packing with care and then they will just remove it and pack it their way. I would not use this program.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If the US seller is using the new ebay 'Global Shipping' program the Canadian buyer automatically pays their extra customs fee that ebay charges. With the Global program, the seller sends the parcel to ebay and ebay ships to the customer. If there is any problem with shipping from ebay to the buyer, ebay will remove any negative feedback given to the seller. Most of my packages around $200 or a bit more are not taxed by customs when they are mailed direct to me. I refuse to bid on any items that the seller will not mail directly to me. Even if the seller says they use Global Shipping it still is just an option and they don't have to use it if they don't want to. Another scam by ebay to get more money out of the transaction and shaft the people who use their auction site. Cheers, Don.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
57tbirdkid, you are my kind of ebay seller. Ebay has been killing the golden goose the last few years. I wonder how long it will take before all that is left is the repro and fake fantasy *****. Cheers, Don.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Curtisstewart
I've got lots of stuff sent here through ebay.. I just make sure the seller marks the package as a "Gift".. Then no custom fees will be given.

For a few dollars you are willing to defraud the government and coach another individual to make false written statements to federal customs agents.

Then your level of intelligence allows you to brag about it on a public forum as well as suggest that others follow your lead and violate Canadian and US customs laws.

Some peoples kids; never stop to amaze me!

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Thu Jan 23 2014 07:43 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
Well good news folks, ebay Has employed a new method to ship for you or should I say tell buyers how much they have to pay for shipping.
Sold an item for $17.05 to a guy in canada, and guessed shipping to be $18.00 here in the states. Ebay told the guy he should only have to pay another amount with their shipping global program. I shipped the item, as we had emails on whether I would ship to Canada. I usually trust people as on here when they say they are going to do something. Well low and behold, the buyer does not want to pay what the post office charged to ship 7 lbs to Canada, $40.00 He did not like the Canadian fees and the extra amount over what Ebay says it should be.
No more shipping to Canada for me on ebay, Merry Christmas.

Sorry to hear of your bad exp . We are not all the same as I am sure all Americans are not . Some of my best friends are American . I have bought and sold both ways . I have not been paid more than one time . But I know Americans are still by and large good people . Don"t please paint us all with the same brush . Thanks

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Craig... don't give up on us Canadians .. we are not all like that. IF I see someone listing an item on ebay I like and they have that Global shipping I ask them to opt out and most do as they are NOT aware that it's that much either. I WON'T paying 2-3 times what regular USPS shipping would be. As for costumes fee I can't remember the last time I was charged when shipping with USPS.

Collecting Supertest and Canadian oil cans
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
THIS IS BY NO MEANS DIRECTED AT ANY CANADIAN COLLECTORS OR BUYERS, HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD EXPERIENCES. My complaint is with ebays new policy that is thrown in there and confuses all of us. He said that he had paid an addition $17.00 in some kind of tax and he thought that it went to me to cover the shipping cost.
I will just have to make sure that this incident will not happen to me or a potential buyer again.
Thanks for your insight to this as I was not aware of such things. As Dick would have scolded me I should have read the fine print.

Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Thu Jan 23 2014 02:10 PM.

Craig
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
As a matter of fact, just issued a guy a refund of $10.00 because the shipping was cheaper than I thought. Paypal took .29 cents out of it for their cut.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
By no means was I trying to "brag".

To clear things up.. One of my first ebay purchases, I paid a high amount for a sign and the custom fees we're over $300.. So since then whenever I make a big purchase I try and get the seller to help me out by simply marking it as a gift.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
As a matter of fact, just issued a guy a refund of $10.00 because the shipping was cheaper than I thought. Paypal took .29 cents out of it for their cut.

Lol....Between Ebay and Paypal, you just can't win..

Imperial Oil collector..
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The worst thing about this program is you have to uncheck the box on every item you list. I just sold several cans on ebay and I forgot to uncheck the box on a couple of the cans. One ended up going to Canada under the global shipping program. I hope the guy gets his can OK. I had to ship the can to Kentucky and I assume the buyer had to pay shipping again to Canada from KY on top of paying shipping to me to ship to Kentucky?

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig, Next time send him Cash.

SO, ebay is getting into CUSTOMS FEES? They have been sticking their Nose into the wrong crack for years, GREED.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved