Next Thread
Print Thread
#51157 Sun Sep 25 2005 08:54 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hi I have a 36b clock face that has stainless trim on all corners that are in bad shape. How hard are they to find and what will they cost if I find good ones used? I have found repos but don't know what they look like. Ron Scobie has them but could not send a pic of them.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#51158 Sun Sep 25 2005 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PORCELINE panel 36B's are hard to find in good shape.
Ron is the only one making the corners for this pump. I've never had any problems with his parts.
db
Home for LOOSE 36B TOPS !

#51159 Mon Sep 26 2005 01:05 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome George, Ron's repo parts are usually copied from the originals and are always high quality. If you can't find originals in decent shape, don't hestitate to use Ron's.

#51160 Mon Sep 26 2005 04:25 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks for the help. I think I will order trim from Ron. My porceline has a few bad spots that I put filler in it don't look bad now but might not look as good when I get paint on it. What is best paint to put on porceline?

#51161 Tue Sep 27 2005 08:16 PM
Painting porcelain is like painting on glass. The surface is slick and non-porous so paint has little to grab on to.

If you sand the porcelain to remove every bit of gloss to give some "teeth" to the surface, you will have decent results. Sandpaper grades of 320 or rougher are best. Some scratches with some gloss showing through won't cut it. I recommend a quality automotive primer surfacer that is activated with a hardener for good adhesion. Follow the directions for the product, especially safety and respirator requirements.

That being said, I encourage you to consider polishing the porcelain and touching up spots that really need it. Original porcelain gas pumps have a strong appeal for a lot of collectors.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved