Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hi all, I'am pretty new to old gas and thought I would post a picture of my shop.I have been into classic cars for years and always admired the old gas and oil signs and find myself drawn to that stuff more and more all the time.I have been collecting signs and pumps now for about 5 years.OG looks like a good place to gather info for future purchases.

og shop.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice garage, nice Chevelle and I see more Union signs in your collection.

Last edited by Gasman84470; Sat Feb 08 2014 12:39 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Old-Gas... Nice looking shop. I put a full size Pegasus up in my shop A few years back and I swear the stress level when your having problems on a muscle car seem to go easier due to the atmosphere in the shop surrounded by old signs!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
C
OP Offline
C
Yeah I have one that I picked up down south a couple of years ago.It is a little on the tougher side but I still like the sign.In fact I seem to be drawn to the signs that are not perfect and they dont look too bad hung up.

C
OP Offline
C
I completely agree Mike... I find myself not getting much work done on the cars because I like the atmosphere too much lol. It is like my little get away right at home.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had it for like 6 years before I put it up and every time I'm in there working I wonder why I waited so long..... It's a stress free addiction!!!
And yes now that you've joined here, you will add to your walls as there's always cool signs coming up for sale.

Camera cell1 689.jpg

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
C
OP Offline
C
That looks fantastic! Makes me want to go and find some more!!! I dont know about you but I just love finding this stuff. Whenever we go on a holiday or something I find myself scouring local adds to see if I can find something. Every sign I have I can remember where, when and who I bought it off of. I've met some great people that have similar interests.

C
OP Offline
C
here are a couple more. I seen the firestone sign when we were on holidays down in Montana last summer and just had to have it. probably my favorite sign so far.

firestone og.jpg og shop2.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to oldgas.

Great looking shop and collection !

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great looking shop. Being a So Cal guy... the Irwindale sign caught my eye right away. I was wondering what the history was on that one. Tom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice Sinclair Trapezoid and welcome to OG

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Guys! The Irwindale sign is hand painted and not original but I just liked the look of it. The sign has a 60's drag race look to it so I thought it would look good in the shop. A guy by the name of Tom Towler out of Oregon painted it and he does amazing stuff. I see him every year at the Portland swap meet and buy a sign off of him every year.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nothing like a shop of old cars and trucks and lots of signs and pumps , I can just sit and stare. Very nice pics you both posted. If my hop wasn't such a mess right now I would join in!

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks really good!

Braden Splichal

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Chad,
Welcome to old gas, very nice shop you have there and decorated very nicely too.You have some very cool rides in there as well. I go to the swap meet every may, we'll have to keep in touch and maybe hook up that weekend.Awesome place to hang out in.
Ken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved