Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5131 Sat Jan 08 2005 07:43 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am trying to reset the numbers on the Veeder out of my Tokheim 39. All the gears turn nicely but I cannot get them all to reset a zero at the same time. On one side they all reset to zero together but the other side I keep getting 9 9 0 for the dollar sale and 3 3 0/10 for the gallons. I can manually turn them to zero but when turn the reset shaft they go back to the above #'s. HOw do I get them to all zero at the same time??? It can't be that hard to get them back as somehow they got off together?

Thanks,

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Inside the wheels that are giving you problems are a spring loaded "dog" that should be pushed down by a spring into the groove of the shaft when you reset the computer. These "dogs" are stuck in the "up" position. Usually WD40 will loosen them up. If not the wheels will need removed to be cleaned. The reason the right hand wheel goes to zero is because it is gear driven. The center and the left wheel are different because there is a different tension on the ratchet spring. I do have copies of the service manual for your VR for sale and also have New Old Stock wheel sets. Manuals are $10 and complete wheel sets are $50.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved