Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#51397 Sun Oct 12 2003 11:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You're right on northern Frank. It would be impossible to put up a sign pole where I live. Permit or not. Its against the building codes to put up a sign in a residential area. In fact many towns have outlawed the tall signs altogether, even in commercial areas. They have 10' or 12' maximum sign heights now. Things have gotten so bad that some towns have dis-allowed certain types of siding and colors of paint. Try building a replica gas station or putting up a sign in an area like that.
Something we hadn't talked about is that many collectors don't display anything outdoors for security reasons.
We were talking about common signs and poles. Yes, the ornate sign poles have a market, and can be quite valuable.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#51398 Sun Oct 12 2003 09:02 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Sold two poles with signs .Texaco bow tie & Ashland flying octane.Prices were $325 to $650 best I recall both went to Illinois.
Been offered $1000 for the Gulf 1963 logo pole & 2 mint signs that go on it,I'm keeping the signs the pole is 4-sale .Rex

------------------

#51399 Thu Feb 12 2004 05:41 PM
B
B
Interesting forum! I live in the Southwest, in a rural area where I can put up signs and poles. Recently I found an octagonal pole with a 10" flange on top. Has eight bolt holes. I think it's Sinclair. Anyone know where I can find a sign frame (ring?) for this pole?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved