Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#514186 Sun Feb 16 2014 10:47 AM
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I am sure this has been discussed, but have not found it. What would be the correct nozzle for a Wayne 70? I know Wayne had branded nozzles or was it a Morrison part? Any help would be appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
ABCTrip #514188 Sun Feb 16 2014 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I don't see anything on the ads that tells what nozzle is correct. Very hard to see details being you can't zoom in.

ABCTrip #514243 Sun Feb 16 2014 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are more than the page I posted link for, Keep Looking.

ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Keep Looking is very helpful. Thank you.

ABCTrip #514270 Sun Feb 16 2014 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: ABCTrip
Keep Looking is very helpful. Thank you.

Put a nozzle on it that fits... DONE.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

For what it is worth, I found this in about 20 seconds using the link that DB gave.

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20nozzles.htm

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ryan,
You know I to could have posted a direct link, BUT Jack has soo much Useful Info on his site. Some could learn a few things just by looking for their answer!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wish it was this easy to find info when I was in school. I remember going to the library flipping through index cards and micro fiche for hours. Then having to pull the books from the shelves and then flipping through the index in each book and then flipping through the pages of each book and then having to write out all the info I had researched. Not to mention having to bicycle to the library because parents didn't chauffeur their kids around, back then.

I like to believe that we were more determined and informed back then when access to information required a lot more effort...

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
SO true Dave.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave,
When you were in school, Very few if any even cared what nozzle the Wayne 70 had on it from the factory, let alone finding ANY Information in a library [w/ exception of ones in Ft. Wayne, Ind.].
For gas pump questions back then you'd have to write to company of interest & HOPE they would/could answer your question[s].

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good luck on that. LOL

A good portion of the Company's that Manufactured Original and Replacement items... Had been Merged, Sold, Re-sold and/or gone out of business.... LOL

We tried for awhile in the late 60s, early 70s to "track down" different Company's and Suppliers.. But, if I remember correctly? For every positive answer we received... We got numerous "Return to Sender; Not at this Address" or no answer at all...

And living on the West Coast; Insured that we were not in the "most opportunistic" location for further "hands on" research... LOL

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BC-Before Computers.Still good to have. Newbies dont know how good they have it. Just finding auctions and events/shows was more of a challenge BC.

reference books.JPG
Last edited by JimT; Sun Feb 16 2014 08:51 PM.
JimT #514780 Tue Feb 18 2014 01:10 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
ABCTrip, Dave

I had the same problem you had back in the 1980s so I started purchasing every piece of gas pump, air meter, general service station equipment, literature I could find. I didn't keep track of it but assuming I only spent $1000 per year, I spent over $20,000 building my collection. I now have over 40 file drawers filled with literature, all service station related.

As most of you know, using this literature I have been able to write two air meter books and two gas pump ID books.

And....for the last six months I have been working on what may be the third edition of the gas pump book. If everything goes correctly, this will be a truly gas pump book.

More to come,

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #514809 Tue Feb 18 2014 07:21 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Glad to hear that you are working on a new book. Is there any guesstimate as to when it might be out ? Thanks for all the help and info that you have supplied to all of us at one time or another.Definitely an asset to the hobby, pioneer !

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
buzzy56 #514821 Tue Feb 18 2014 08:22 AM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Jack:
Hope there is canadian pumps in there.

Craig
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
No estimate on date, that is up to the publisher.

Craig, as stated above I have 40+ file drawers filled with service station literature, mostly gas pump, but I doubt I have info on more than two pumps from Canada. No info, no Canadian pumps in the book. It doesn't show up on Ebay and have never found one piece of Canadian lit. at any of the almost 100 petro shows I have attended.

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
buzzy56 #515462 Thu Feb 20 2014 04:32 PM
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I asked the question originally because one source says a factory Wayne nozzle is correct and other sources say a Morrison Brothers 227-F is right. I have both and wanted to know because it is going on a pump in my collection. I would also say the term newbie doesn't always apply to everyone new to this site. Just because I have recently joined and have taken an interest to petro related items does not mean that my skills are juvenile. We take pride in what we restore and want to use the most correct parts we can find. I asked it as a legit question and apologize if I was out of line with my response. I know that there is a lot of knowledge here and I am sure someone may know for sure. I have a flex spout Wayne nozzle, not a solid end, if that matters.

ABCTrip #515467 Thu Feb 20 2014 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If one has not been in the Hobby, before they are a "Newbie"...

There are "No, ifs ands or buts"!

We read posts quite frequently from New Members that get upset that someone calls them a "Newbie".... Why? We all started out "green" in this Hobby... And most everyone in the Hobby; has been in it less time than someone else. So compared to the Hobbyist who has more time in the Hobby, one is a "Newbie"...

Some of us raced cars in the 50s, 60s and 70s and later... So we knew how to "tear down" engines, brakes, transmissions... etc... But, none of that has anything to do with determining if an oil can has a soldered seam or a crimped... Or if an electric had a computer or clock... or....

So we were/are still newbies when we started collecting Petro and the different nuances we run into...

Others were Collectors of different items, not Petro... When they started picking up Petro items, they were a "Newbie"...

FYI: The Nozzle on a pump was the item that was replaced the most... It almost never was replaced with the same brand of nozzle... So if you are going for the "Factory fresh, right out of the shipping crate" look... For most brands... Paint your pump red, place Wayne ad glass in it... And (again) for most brands it will look like it did when it arrived at the Station...

If you are wanting it to look as it did while in use? Either nozzle you place on it will be correct.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved