Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#515298 - Thu Feb 20 2014 12:10 AM Your are investing in the wrong thing
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
You should have been investing in copies of my book, take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291083574870&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Damm, I should have stached away a case of them.

Jack Sim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#515299 - Thu Feb 20 2014 12:18 AM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Jack Sim]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
1 day left & it Hasn't received 1 bid Yet!
Opening Bid is $175
BIN is $250

Glad I have 3 of ea! laugh

#515301 - Thu Feb 20 2014 12:32 AM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Dick Bennett]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

DB,

How much will they be worth if I come out with a third edition?

Jack

#515318 - Thu Feb 20 2014 06:26 AM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Jack Sim]
Catauladave Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Cataula, Georgia, USA
That happened with Jukebox Saturday Night. When out of print...prices shot up to 100 bucks a copy. Reprinted...prices fell to price of reprints. Dave

#515338 - Thu Feb 20 2014 08:41 AM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Catauladave]
60wayne Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Lynchburg, Va.
I did invest in you book. I bought two at retail. One for myself and one for a friend at Christmas after they came out. I also have the first edition and the air pump book and use them all the time.

I later started finding the second edition in a discount store at a flea market for ten bucks. I bought about a dozen over a year or so. Sold them to my friends for what I paid for them, kept one to haul around to shows, and sold all the others for twenty five bucks each. Ten bucks under retail. I have a friend bugging me to find him one. Too late ! Amazon and greed have them now.

Looking forward to your next edition, Jack

#515384 - Thu Feb 20 2014 12:34 PM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Jack Sim]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
DB,

How much will they be worth if I come out with a third edition?

Jack

...Jack, can we get some confirmation that you are, in fact, putting out a third edition? If so, I'll gladly buy a copy and contribute some images, again...

#515388 - Thu Feb 20 2014 12:44 PM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: gulfiend!]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
he said the other day he is working on it

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#515389 - Thu Feb 20 2014 12:55 PM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: BryceG]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
...that's cool - I didn't see that...I had asked Jack a couple of times, and never heard back...

#515394 - Thu Feb 20 2014 01:10 PM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: gulfiend!]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
yeah, i cant remember where he was mentioning it, I just remember reading that he is currently working on it and that got me excited to see it!

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#515409 - Thu Feb 20 2014 02:02 PM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: gulfiend!]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
Here you go... "And....for the last six months I have been working on what may be the third edition of the gas pump book. If everything goes correctly, this will be a truly gas pump book.
More to come,

Jack Sim"

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514186&page=2

#515570 - Fri Feb 21 2014 01:11 AM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Bob Richards]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Announcement and request for some help will be coming soon.

Trying to figure out how to put another 300-400 more pumps in the same amount of pages.

Jack Sim

#515572 - Fri Feb 21 2014 01:24 AM Re: Your are investing in the wrong thing [Re: Jack Sim]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
A 1st edition recently Did sell for $129.99!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201030986251

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved