Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
Funny how the same guys wining about following ebay rules again are the same ones breaking oldgas rules by listing items whereever they want, asking to buy items in buys of the week!, posting for pickups of pumps etc in WRONG places INTENTIONALLY because they think its NOT being seen in transportation category,
showing NON petro in buys of week, etc etc...
Sir, can you show me a case where I have EVER broken one of the rules that you mentioned above? Do not make generalizations.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff, if you are going to survive on Oldgas?

1: You need to quit assuming that every comment is directed at you personally... Most People speak in generalities and their comments unless directed at a specific Member are directed at the "Whole not an Individual".... (and very few of us are shy about calling out Individual Members)

2: Grow some thicker skin

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
Jeff, if you are going to survive on Oldgas?

1: You need to quit assuming that every comment is directed at you personally... Most People speak in generalities and their comments unless directed at a specific Member are directed at the "Whole not an Individual".... (and very few of us are shy about calling out Individual Members)

2: Grow some thicker skin

Thanks Bob. I'll take your advice.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff, I wish you luck! I honestly do...

I am one of those that "Fly off the handle" with no real provocation, needed...

Following my first bullet point, has been very hard for me and after 9 years I still struggle with it at times... LOL

P.S: Thinking more on it. If the "Good Lord is willing"? And the Membership is patient?

I might show some more "self control" in .... maybe another 10-15 years.....?

Last edited by Bob Richards; Wed Feb 26 2014 11:31 AM. Reason: adding post script

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's the nature of the internet and communication these days, I guess. I imagine the interaction would be immensely less provocative if we were all just hanging out together and drinking a few beers.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Earlier I mentioned to DB life on OG is like an Etch A Sketch. There is some issue that fills it up with comments and then someone comes along and gives it a big shake and clears the slate.
Thanks Bob for giving it(the Etch A Sketch that is!) a big shake.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: 63shelby
WRONG, DEAD WRONG !!, and a very slippery interpretation and comment for someone who apparently runs a business that sells to the public. I've gone over the reasons eBay allows it, lost, stolen, broken, misrepresented etc. PERIOD !! nothing more to be said. These are the facts, not a opinion or interpretation. And can very easily be proven, call eBay and ask them "can I end my auction early and sell it to someone privately who found me through you guys ? " LOL see what they say ! This isn't a "wining" or "crying" thing, the question was originally asked "do you think its right?" I don't, and seems a lot of others feel the same. I was able to make my point without insulting or offending anyone (I hope) What's next ? name calling, threats, shouting and waving your fists in the air trying to prove a false point ? LOL

I'm out of this post, and I hope if it turns any more "ugly" a Moderator will lock it.

I realize you've ONLY been a member for a few months, BUT people BOTH FOR AND AGAINST have heard WINING over this for years! Go end a listing and see what options it gives you! 1 is ITEM IS NO LONGER FOR SALE...
I dont like it either and wish Ebay would STOP the practice BUT they haven't...Until then, pass the tissues

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
and when you're bored... broadly search Ebay for things like porcelain signs, gas pump globes, graphic oil cans, etc... sort the list by newly listed items... and then go thru them and place low-ball bids on all the expensive items!

it will drive the auction price up early, and cost the seller more when they end early! lol

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved