Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#517488 Sat Mar 01 2014 04:43 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Well weather has whacked us again as 4 to 7 inches of snow is coming down. I went to Peotone this morning for set up day and many of the vendors cancelled indoors and out. Was there 3 hrs and left and am home in heavy snow squalls now. Was fun talking to Tom Buckles and looking at his "booty" and of course good old KW FIRTH. Too bad for this ***** weather as these guys put a heck of a show on. Heard many of the vendors just couldn't hack another snow storm and highways and said the heck with it. Don't blame them. Interstate 88 was like sheet of ice coming home. Guess think FALL PEOTONE or IOWA!

1 BAD ZR1 #517494 Sat Mar 01 2014 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hope the show is still on tomorrow? Don't let Toms wife know you were looking at his " booty"!! Lol!( I'm sorry Rob but you walked right into that one!)

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Sat Mar 01 2014 05:44 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #517511 Sat Mar 01 2014 06:48 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Mick: KW was going to stay put because of the weather so call him and let him tell ya whats going on. NOT trying to jinx the show, just saying we have had 4 inches already and it is snowing and blowing hard down there too. Looks like a lot of East and Southern vendors didn't want to risk it. I don't blame them. This is getting ridiculous. Tom Skilling said on channel nine last nite that it has snowed every Sat at least an inch except for last week! I have had it but sure it is good for business!

1 BAD ZR1 #517515 Sat Mar 01 2014 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the info,we all appreciate it.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #517541 Sat Mar 01 2014 08:20 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
No real problems here in Peotone. Some folks didn't want to risk traveling in the weather . Right now only light snow and no real accumulation. Sales were great today and I even found a few things. Check the weather in the morning If it's good come on out there are still plenary of vendors here

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
Gas stuff.com #517549 Sat Mar 01 2014 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Plan is to still come out as long as driving is good!

oldnfuelish #517638 Sun Mar 02 2014 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I only stayed for the Saturday setup... there were only about 6 outside vendors, and by 2pm there was pretty much no one outside anymore. It looked like the inside was missing A LOT of vendors as well. While the vendor numbers were down, and very few people at the setup day... all the vendors that I talked to said they did VERY well, so it looks like the people that wanted to buy were there.

Hopefully they are able to have a decent show today, regadless of weather...

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
1 BAD ZR1 #517834 Mon Mar 03 2014 09:49 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
You need to check us out, INDIANA GAS SHOW AND AUCTION coming your way Friday April 25 is the Auction and then on Saturday April 26th is the Gas Show. We are in the events section of Old Gas.com also in PCM on the website and the magazine, and in C.T.O magazine and events section plus in their 2014 calendar. We will be in their magazines coming out soon and also in the Michigan Auction Exchange paper soon, also the Antique Weekly soon. Go to our web-site and there is all the info you will need. We don't do the Auction, but it is in conjunction with the show that we handle. go to: www.indianagasshow.com Also go to General Petrolina, the go to forums Petroliana News go down about 6-7 and you will see INDIANA GAS SHOW & AUCTION, You can read all info that I have put on. You don't have to wait that long for another gas show, we are taking Vendor Registrations, go on the web-site fill it out print it out and mail it in, also taking consignments for the Auction, call the Auctioneer for details, all info for the Auction is on the web-site, and the consigning fee is GREAT, plus the buyers premium is sensible, and it will be warm weather, can't wait. Hope you take a look, and join us in April. Thanks, Dave & Linda Parr

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved