Hello All!

I was reading through the post on French gas pumps and I thought of some some pumps I found when I was in the UK at an Auto Jumble. Their car swap meets are called Auto Jubles and like out swap meets they also have tons of Petrolina. What I found when I attended the Auto Jumble at the National Motor Musuem in Beaulieu was tons of signs and cans from Europe. I even brought back a poster from the museum that has pictures of all the pumps from Europe. Some of the earliest manufactures listed are companies such as GB and Bowser then they seem to split into more local manufactures.

Clock face pumps were used there for longer. I saw several clock face 50's pumps and even a clock face wayne 70! One thing that I found facinating was that most of the pumps were taken off the tanks during WWII and put into storage (bombing raids) and then after the war there was a new style (the 50s pumps)but people were not used to using the veeder roots so the kept producing clock face pumps longer. Pretty neat.

They also have many stlyes of visibles. They are not the same as ours. They look more like a two upside down 2 liter bottles in a tall cylider. Good luck finding these types of pumps though they are very heavy and not many people will drag them to a auto jumble.

Globes were really special over there. Most if not all I saw were one piece. I will try to dig up my pictures of some. They are odd shapes as well, one was hand shaped with a finger pointing up and many different square and half round and half square versions.Shells globes were different shapped and colors. They also had small globes for the lubsters. These are usually square and about 4-5 inches tall if I remember correctly.

If you are ever in the UK take a trip to the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu www.beaulieu.co.uk Its south of South Hampton an nice drive from London. If you want something interesting order the poster from the Musuem of the gas pumps (if they still carry it) It hangs on my wall and all my friends talk about it.

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!