Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#520893 - Sun Mar 16 2014 07:21 AM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: Maxgas]
1PetroFan Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Bunker Hill, WV,USA
Jeff, I'm not too far from you. I just picked up a 700 series Bennett just south of you for $100. Keith Johnson (Manassas Fats) has been buying out of Manassas for years. I agree, the "low hanging fruit" is gone, but I've been pretty lucky driving down the driveway of farms & orchards and talking the owners out of theirs or getting leads on farms that have them.

I also agree with Maxgas, I wouldn't touch that Bennett. It looks great the way it is. Brady

#520911 - Sun Mar 16 2014 09:32 AM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: huskybob]
JeffS Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Manassas, VA
Originally Posted By: huskybob
Here's a Bennett I picked up a couple of months ago...
Wow, I love the patina on that pump. I would keep that look.

#520913 - Sun Mar 16 2014 09:36 AM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: 1PetroFan]
JeffS Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: 1PetroFan
Jeff, I'm not too far from you. I just picked up a 700 series Bennett just south of you for $100. Keith Johnson (Manassas Fats) has been buying out of Manassas for years. I agree, the "low hanging fruit" is gone, but I've been pretty lucky driving down the driveway of farms & orchards and talking the owners out of theirs or getting leads on farms that have them.

I also agree with Maxgas, I wouldn't touch that Bennett. It looks great the way it is. Brady
Hi Brady. Keith introduced himself to me a little over a week ago thru a PM. I'm going to start with many of the ideas that Dick mentioned and also scout out of some of the outlying areas that are a bit more rural.

#520914 - Sun Mar 16 2014 09:37 AM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: Maxgas]
Jay Leeper Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alva, Ok.
Originally Posted By: Maxgas
That pumps need no restoration.

+1

#521145 - Sun Mar 16 2014 09:24 PM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: Jay Leeper]
huskybob Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Near Tracy Rock
One other place to post want ads is in small town post offices....... a lot of farmers get their mail in town believe it or not.
Like Dick said CL is another really good place to look, but you have to look often.... once a day probably is not enough.
I've gotten a number of pumps that that way and a few years ago thanks to an ad in the Spokane CL I was able to get a Gilbarco 996 with 2 really nice Husky porcelain pump plates for $500.
Seriously though...... step away from the computer every now and then and hit the back roads and beat the bushes.
Here's the "patina" on the back side of the Bennett..... I was just kidding about restoring it...... especially to Texaco or Mobil.

#521147 - Sun Mar 16 2014 09:39 PM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: huskybob]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Beautiful! Nice find on the Richfield pump! The colors and decal are really nice!
Cell#-701-739-6133

#521151 - Sun Mar 16 2014 09:51 PM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: K W FRITH]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
that Richfield has an incredible look to it... what a great find

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#521262 - Mon Mar 17 2014 10:48 AM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: huskybob]
JeffS Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: huskybob
Like Dick said CL is another really good place to look, but you have to look often.... once a day probably is not enough.
Thanks huskybob! I've been checking CL within 200 miles or so for quite a few months, at least twice a day. There's just not much listed for "gas pump" around here.

#521282 - Mon Mar 17 2014 12:11 PM Re: Bennett on Ebay [Re: JeffS]
huskybob Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Near Tracy Rock
JeffS...... When you check CL you also need to check "gas pumps", "gas station", "service station" and make sure they are in quotation marks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved