Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
To be fair to the guy, This morning when I was looking through my emails, I noticed that there were actually two replies to my initial message to him. I didnt even notice that last night when I read his reply to me that I noticed when I was looking through"My Ebay". Anyways He sent me this a few hours after the first reply that I originally posted above.^^^^

"Good morning...I have no desire to sell an item by misrepresenting it and believe you might be able to help. If I am convinced that my sign is a reproduction then I will pull it immediately. Would really appreciate your reason for believing this is a reproduction. I have been fooled a few times and am certainly open to that. The heavy porcelain layering as done with stencils is what sold me. Usually if it is a reproduction there will be several of them floating around. Maybe talk to other sinclair collectors and get back to me. Thanks so much, Bob "

So he was showing some humility and does seem to want to do the right thing. Probably wants to believe his good fortune of finding the sign so much that it is clouding his judgement.

Last edited by JimT; Fri Mar 21 2014 02:33 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
But...But it has proper shelving......I wonder if he knew it was fake.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved