Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#523026 Mon Mar 24 2014 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok...so the guy I bought my Conoco blender pump is getting sued by the people who bought his house.They claim it was a part of the house,and he says it wasn't. I have already sold him the light I bought back,and really don't want to break up my pair of blenders. All he wants is a decent 60s/70s pump to get these people off his back,and I'm just trying to help him out.So if anyone has something they want to get rid of,reasonably priced,and in the Chicago,Milwaukee area,let me know. Thanks

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would assume if the pump was hooked up and in working order the new house buyers could claim it was part of the sale. If it was not hooked up and was part of a collection, I do not see how they can say it was part of the sale. Normally, I think things like a stove are considered part of the property but a washer and dryer might now be. Anyways, appliances should be called out in the contract if they are included or not. As should a gas pump if the buyers think it is included. Maybe the guy you bought it from just wants it back and came up with the story of being sued?

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Wes,he seems like a good guy,but I don't know him well enough to say one way or another? The pump was not bolted down,and had a cord hooked up to a switch. Hard wired?i would agree part of a collection,but then again,we are reasonable people,not lawyers!lol! Ah well,he would be happy with something to replace it with.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hope ya told him you sold the pump you bought from him.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tell him you bought it for your wife as a gift and she does not want to give it up.
I agree with Wes.
Someone is pulling some crapola. I have bought and sold a lot of property. If a refrigerator is plugged in and not mentioned in the contract it IS NOT INCLUDED. Nothing is included unless it is noted. Sounds like he has sellers remorse. The guy will take any old pump instead of a blender?????? BS!

Last edited by Old Racer; Tue Mar 25 2014 05:30 AM. Reason: Just because

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Invite him or the buyers of his house to attend Columbus or Iowa gas this year.

...possible local candidates that might appeal to them.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/atq/4389415767.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/clt/4383965203.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/clt/4388339257.html

Click on all the pix,as this ad has a few different ones.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/atq/4388032291.html

Last edited by Cold Pizza; Tue Mar 25 2014 06:21 AM.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Already told him,I'm not selling it. A good friend went thru a lot to get me the correct sign for it,and now it's an awesome pair! Not quite as awesome as a pair of 36 bs,but still pretty cool. Found one on cl for 150.00 bucks,and he didn't want that one,so you guys may be right. ( it's a decent pump,but needs a little TLC)he had asked me to deliver the light and pole,and I said no right away.dont want no part of the new owners if they are actually sue happy!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I'd let him come get the light and pole, and let him find his own pump...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yep,that's where it's at now.i

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved