Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
so anyone have a pic of the inside of a mid 60s gas station....texaco. i'm doing my computer room in a replaca, any help towards where the info is would be awesome. thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
OP Offline
S
well, guess the new guy doesn't get your help. i'll just go somewhere else.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Where you going to go ?????? you think every ones sits around with pictures of the inside of a Texaco station office , you paint the walls white , a 4" 1937 texaco green color stripe around the top of the wall and a 9" 1937 texaco green stripe around the bottom , 6" high red letters that spell, texaco, look for the man that wears the star, paint the trim around your door green and the door red , just kidding but its a start ,

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Dwaine,...Love your response, got a real charge out of it!!

I think if anyone on this sight had a picture they would give it to you or help. I have a couple pictures of the outside but they are all in B & W. I have a side picture looking inside somewhat that is in color and from that it does have the greens old fart Dwaine told you about. He's not a bad guy just a smart ass once in awhile. Ted

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Dwaine,
You could AT LEAST say GOODBY !!
Goodnight Dwaine

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Good night guys , God be with the boys and girls , say a little prayer , good night Dick.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I know this is going to sound like a smart answer, but I probably have a number of pictures of what he is looking for. But where to look, it would probably take me two hours to find one picture and in that time I can put over 100 items on ebay and make myself $100.00. What should I do?

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My guess is that after waiting 11 days for an answer, he thinks WE should have posted the info or pictures he wanted.
Dick

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 03-26-2003).]

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I dont think there are many pics of the inside and its real hard to photograph. I bet a lot of us remember hanging out at a gas station on evenings or weekends. Either working there or visting someone who did. I remember having a tab at a local Chevron, I had a Honda 350 with a scrambler tank, held about 2 gallons or less. I would go to pay up and every purcase was less than a buck !!
Remember the sights and the smells and that the attendant would actually fix a flat tire and pump gas!! We used to have a Phillips 66 across from our high school, the owner had a Rambler Scrambler ... anyway they tore it down a couple years ago and there was still an airmeter there from way back looked like it had been to Iraq n back. I talked to the demo guy( used to sell him bike parts) and he got me the airmeter, would not take anything for it, it is sitting on the desk in my shop. How many of us have Airmeters that we actually used when they were in service, figger I should hang on to it but it is ugly!! DODOgas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SOME OLD DIRTY SHOP RAGS, SOME CIGARRET BUTS ON THE FLOOR, A CASH REGISTER, SOME HAVOLINE OIL CANS, AND A GIRLY CALENDER SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT TO ME?? THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN OLD SIXTIES TEXACO?? NO REALLY,, POST A PICTURE OF THE ROOM TO BE DONE, AND ALL OF US COULD GIVE OUR IDEAS,, THEN YOU TAKE FROM THAT AND DO IT TO YOUR LIKING.. FRANK..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think you guys scared him away - first you could hear the crickets ...then bam one response after another - Or maybe he doesnt check the posting board 3 or 4 times a day like the rest of gas addicted fools. (fools meant in the best way possible because if I am gonna be a fool, a gas addicted fool is the only one I would Choose - Oh wait ...I already did.)

Hubba

hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I would feel sorta honoured to get that kind of (delayed) response for a new guy.. probably none of us ever did!! Anyhoo hope he is still bearing with us, maybe next he will ask an easy question that a lot of know. Like the type of original fastener used on the window bezel of a Wayne 800 or the amount of inch-lbs pressure on the 21/32 wrinkle washer between the handle and body on a Phillips lubester, knowhatimean, eh! Last night i was LOL about trying to take a pic of the office of the last Chevron we had near the house,the office was about 4x6 feet or smaller, you had to go outside to change your mind!!! Hope we can help next time and dont go running to that otherplace?? on account of us......Welcome DODOGAS

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I seen his post when he posted it , I figure TEXACO , if Jim Hinds don't jump on it then know ones got pictures of the insides, if Jacks got some hes the only one I know of.
All I remember is Norma Jean on a calendar, an ash tray overflowing with cig butts , a few parts , some fan belts , water hose clamps , and the paint , that has all that nicotine running down it , good luck pal .

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I was a Shell dealer in 1970 and had a company station here in St. Louis. My so called showroom consisted of a counter with a cash register and a stamp dispenser (we gave away green stamps) on it. To the left was a series of shelves where we displayed TBA. The windows usually had some kind of Shell promotion banner in it (because of local laws we were not allowed to put up any promotional signs outside) and maybe some oil cans displayed at the bottom of the window. There was a door between the showroom and the bays.
My suggestion is that you purchase as many Texaco TBA as you can. I have some Texaco spark plugs, regulators and distributors caps for sale if you are interested. The Texaco spark plugs even have Texaco on them.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I emailed him, maybe he got his feelings hurt, Jack you seam to have what this guy might want for his decor,

S
OP Offline
S
you guys are just killin me. hahahaha.
i love a group of funny guys, didn't know it was such a clickish board. thats ok, i like the attention. i am sorry for such a hard request, didn't realize what i was asking for was that rare. just watching this board for while and was thinking if anyone has the answer it would be you guys.if i ever do find the answer, i'll post it.
and you right, i don't check this forum everyday, i hang around stangnet cus of my mustang.
thanks for the attention

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Aint Love Grand :-)
Hubba

M
M
Another person on this site that didn't get and answer.This is more like a chat room for these guys.Maybe Jack will right a book that you can buy from him.

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Streetgrande69.. I also collect Texaco and was unable to help you.. but I sure would if I could as would anyone who had the info you were looking for. Great bunch of guys and gals here. Welcome aboard..

------------------
Frank

Frank
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think Jack should put out a Calander of "The Goofballs of Oldgas Shop Talk" -We could all strike a pose at one of our pumps (giving new meaning to pump of the Month) I would buy one and tell all my friends to get one too. It might not sell as good as those sexy Fireman calanders ...but it would be funny as heck and have some nice looking pumps. Whoo Hooo
Hubba

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hubba hubba , we could make a calender out of you ha ha , the wife and I tried to (inlarge) your pictures just to look at your tats. ha ha , love ya ,

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sniff sniff - Tanks man.
Hubba

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY HUBBA BOY!!! I WANT A PICTURE!! I SENT A PICTURE OF ME IN THE MOVIE BOX YOU'LL BE GETTING.. WE SHOULD ALL POST PICTURES!!!!!HAAA!! FRANK..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Hubba,
The Goofballs of Oldgas Calendar, great idea!!!!.......it ought to sell......... about 3 copies. LOL.
Pops

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
hey.... the pic of me with the champagne bottle should be january.... I WANT TO BE MR. JANUARY !!!! ... HA.....

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I just got my copy of "Check the Oil!" magazine and guess what.
On page 7, John Ross (the Indiana Chief), sent in a picture of the inside of a Texaco station from circa 1960. Look at that row of Fire Chief Hats! There are 27 of them shown, my guess is that it will cost you about $5400.00 just to duplicate that display.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey guys... i have been on ebay bidding and saw this guy bidding on some stuff one time and clicked his "about me" page and wow. I wanted to share it with you guys. If any one knows who this is let me know, he has a very nice collection of Texaco stuff. His name is Keith Jenicek but this doesn't help me any. Puretex

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Holt
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Regarding the Texaco collection . . .

What Cris said!

Later . . .