Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52481 Sat Sep 20 2008 11:34 AM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Anyone know or seen if the Dayton 600 had a couple of different versions of the way the base mounted up??? I have a pump that was missing the base and I found another Dayton 600 parts pump but the base will not mount up right. The replacement base has three legs about 4 inches long or so that mount up to the bottom of the pump mech. These pump mech legs make the actual legs of the pump not reach the base to bolt it on. I am guessing that they changed the height of the pump mech in the pump and had to ad these longer legs for the pump mech. Any ideas??

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#52482 Sat Sep 20 2008 02:54 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
It sounds like your original pump was "doctored" up a little. The 3 that I have are all mounted the same, which doesn't mean there wasn't another version but it would make me think your parts pump was unmolested. Mine have the 3 short legs beneath the pump as well. Do you have the original fluted skins? What happens to the pump mechanism shaft in relation to the hole in the skins if you try to mount the new base? Can you make the 3 main legs longer to accept the new base and 3 short legs? If I can help by posting pics, let me know. Dave

#52483 Sat Sep 20 2008 06:11 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I can get the 3 short legs to match up with the pump mech but then the holes for the pump legs do not match up. I cut off the 3 short legs and I can then get two of the pump legs in the holes but the third one is way off. I am going to take my skins down tommorrow and set them on the pump and see how they line up.

Dave did you get your pump mech Friday??

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
#52484 Sat Sep 20 2008 06:55 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I did get the pump, thanks! The kids refused to take it off the porch, so I spent last night in the hottub! Any chance your 1st pump is something other then a 600? A 625 or 650? Dave

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved