Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#526112 Sat Apr 05 2014 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just got in this 16.5 inch metal body Refiners. I have owned this 11.25 inch Refiners for many years. Thought it would be cool to have an example of the largest metal body and the smallest metal body side by side that were in fact the SAME globe image. This Refiners also comes in 15 inch size, which I don't own in that size. I think that is pretty cool that the exact same image can come in multiple sizes. Then I got to thinking how many globes duplicate the same image but in different sizes? Just food for thought. I hope everyone enjoys the photo and maybe it will get the globe collectors thinking how many different images duplicated in different sizes, especially one that is the smallest and one that is the biggest but the same image...

The 11.25 inch globes are very scarce, so I think this may qualify as a pretty scarce pair together.........

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
RC those are sweet!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Those look cool! Now I understand why you wanted it. Hey, you forgot to pay me a delivery fee! LOL.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice eye catching globes.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice globe roger I like that pennolene to lol

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: roger cherry
Just got in this 16.5 inch metal body Refiners. I have owned this 11.25 inch Refiners for many years. Thought it would be cool to have an example of the largest metal body and the smallest metal body side by side that were in fact the SAME globe image. This Refiners also comes in 15 inch size, which I don't own in that size. I think that is pretty cool that the exact same image can come in multiple sizes. Then I got to thinking how many globes duplicate the same image but in different sizes? Just food for thought. I hope everyone enjoys the photo and maybe it will get the globe collectors thinking how many different images duplicated in different sizes, especially one that is the smallest and one that is the biggest but the same image...

The 11.25 inch globes are very scarce, so I think this may qualify as a pretty scarce pair together.........

That looks amazing congrats !!!! love the colors they pop

Follow the Red Indian Trail
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Very interesting to see the pair together. Also very cool they both have original paint which adds to the look IMO.
Thanks for sharing,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Shawn, the Pennolene really adds to my collection and I really appreciate you selling it to me! Now I wish I had the other version of it back I sold to Kyle Moore years ago.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice!!!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Great lenses and certainly a learning experience as far as same image in different sizes.
Just wondering which of the 2 is the more valuable?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The 11.25 inch small one is much more valuable because of rarity. It is the only one known at the present time in collections. There are quit a few 15 and 16.5 inch Refiners out there in collector circles. Those real small metals are not only early, but it seems there are not very many around. I know Scott Benjamin has a few, but they are very scarce....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...very cool, Roger...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Nice looking pair Roger, never knew they made a globe that small.

Thanks, Phil
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Nice Roger, they look exactly like my 15", probably need to come back home to Ohio where they belong LOL. Do you have the 16 1/2 refiners ethyl. Ron Lease-Collector. ;;;;;;;;;;

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
No Ron, those are the only two Refiners items I have..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved