Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#526143 - Sat Apr 05 2014 11:58 PM Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire
Blastmaster Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Sacramento, CA
A few days ago in Sacramento, CA the owner of STL=Sacramento Theatrical Lighting company lost his storage facility containing an amazing collection to a huge devasting fire. The fire started in early afternoon and destroyed everything. Many cars, motorcycles old bicycles, tons of automobilia, stage props signs, pumps etc he has used for car show displays, photos shoots, stage productions etc...

I hope he had insurnace to ease the financial pain, but the itmes lost would be very hard to aquire again.

Perhaps we should extend our thoughts and prayers to the Cox Family in this time of need.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/03/6294508/update-sacramento-fire-crews-battle.html

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/03/6294673...oto%20Galleries

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2014/04/03/three-alarm-fire-in-midtown-sacramento/

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#526145 - Sun Apr 06 2014 12:31 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: Blastmaster]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Any pictures of Before the fire of the collection?
I Searched the web & didn't find any.

#526177 - Sun Apr 06 2014 09:32 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: Dick Bennett]
Donald D. Brock Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Washington
Rick, Do you have a contact for the Cox family?

I think I know what they are feeling as I had the same experience in 2000. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and lots of other kool stuff.....pretty much everything I had worked for, for 15 years. It was a really big hit.

It teaches you that many of the cliché's in life are sincere truths.....

"It could always be worse"

Glad none of my family was hurt...and for sure there have been matters in my life, like losing my parents, that were more devastating. Look around, there's a lot of people less fortunate no matter what your situation.

"Nothing lasts forever"

It's why we don't have too many things from the ages. People, material goods, and experiences...it all goes away in the end.
Everything that exists in time, runs out of time some day.

"Right now is the best it gets...and it is always now"

The fever was rampant and I had always dreamed of a bigger shed and a collection more vast. With it all gone and not enough time, money or opportunity to ever rebuild to that level again, I realized that what I once had WAS the top of the mountain. Don't overlook your good fortune today fretting about what you don't have or how much better it could be....you can worry yourself right out of a great moment.

Edited by OK Used Cars (Sun Apr 06 2014 09:35 AM)

#526184 - Sun Apr 06 2014 10:27 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: Donald D. Brock]
Highway66 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: SANTA MONICA, CA
Ring, ring. Insurance company! I wonder how that works with such a vast collection?!

Edited by luminor89 (Sun Apr 06 2014 10:28 AM)

#526186 - Sun Apr 06 2014 10:32 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: Donald D. Brock]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
Devastating news no matter what the size of collection one has.

Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars

The fever was rampant and I had always dreamed of a bigger shed and a collection more vast. With it all gone and not enough time, money or opportunity to ever rebuild to that level again, I realized that what I once had WAS the top of the mountain. Don't overlook your good fortune today fretting about what you don't have or how much better it could be....you can worry yourself right out of a great moment.

This quote really hit head on with me, I often think back on what I had and 2nd guess my choice to sell off most of my collection. I really don't miss what I sold but I do look at old pictures and smile. Since selling off most of my collection it It has been less stressful not trying to be the first at a show, first at flea markets, obsessively scanning ebay and craigslist day and night. Now whatever I may have is fine with me.

#526208 - Sun Apr 06 2014 11:51 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: KZ1000]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Every collector's greatest fear. Almost difficult to imagine.

#526428 - Sun Apr 06 2014 09:23 PM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: Dave's Garage]
Oilcanman87 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan
Almost every time I get passed by a fire truck I hope they don't go to my house.

Hope there is at least one thing to be saved from that disaster.

#526469 - Mon Apr 07 2014 12:20 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: Donald D. Brock]
sellersrodshop Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Nashville, TN
Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars
Rick, Do you have a contact for the Cox family?

I think I know what they are feeling as I had the same experience in 2000. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and lots of other kool stuff.....pretty much everything I had worked for, for 15 years. It was a really big hit.

It teaches you that many of the cliché's in life are sincere truths.....

"It could always be worse"

Glad none of my family was hurt...and for sure there have been matters in my life, like losing my parents, that were more devastating. Look around, there's a lot of people less fortunate no matter what your situation.

"Nothing lasts forever"

It's why we don't have too many things from the ages. People, material goods, and experiences...it all goes away in the end.
Everything that exists in time, runs out of time some day.

"Right now is the best it gets...and it is always now"

my sentiments exactly. went thru the same thing 3 yrs ago. had to keep looking at the bright side in that the house wasnt affected & nobody was hurt. the rest is just "stuff"...

in the aftermath, i have started thinning down the collections in the house. when you see how easily it can be lost, it just doesnt seem as important to keep "everything" anymore...

Edited by sellersrodshop (Mon Apr 07 2014 12:23 AM)

#526473 - Mon Apr 07 2014 05:34 AM Re: Amazing Collection Lost in Huge Fire [Re: sellersrodshop]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
good thoughts sellersrodshop

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved