Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52755 Tue Dec 30 2003 03:18 PM
A
OP Offline
A
My Name is Shon Elliott and I live in Amarillo, Texas. I have been rebuilding car and trucks for some time. I am going to build a new shop very soon and thought it would be cool to do the theme in old service station stuff. So I called a buddy who does demolition of old structures (such as gas stations) and he had a few pumps. I went out there and loaded up the oldest one he had, it is a Bowser 585 B, and that is about all i know. I took it apart and it needs a lot of repair, the doors need work, the glass is all gone, one face plate is shot..... But my first question is what have I got, was it a good find?

I took the pump unit and big deal under the dials out to get rid of alot of the wieght. I can turn the dials from the bottom with a screw driver, but only the bottom numbers with the 9/10 dials are turning, the top numbers are not. Any body have any ideas to help me get started.

Thanks a newbie

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#52756 Tue Dec 30 2003 04:42 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Shon... Welcome to the site.
My first pump was a Bowser 585 also. Mine was pretty ragged also. For your first pump, I think you did good. Parts for your pump can be found from any of the vendors on this site. I like Vic's Place and if you contact them, Seth will send you a catalog. Gutting your pump was a good idea... gets rid of a lot of weight and that old gas smell.
You can brand your pump whatever you like..
The main thing is to do whatever suits you and to have fun in the process. There is a ton of help and a lot of knowledge on this site. If you need anything, parts, pointers, suggestions, etc. just ask.
Again, Welcome aboard.

------------------
Frank

Frank
#52757 Tue Dec 30 2003 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome Shon! Your Endeavor to re-create a shop with goodies from the past sounds cool. Should you all out finish such a job would be greatly welcome here on this site oldgas.com in the form of pictures....good luck down south in Amarillo, Bowser boy!

HAPPY COLLECTING IN YEAR 2004!
---DOC @ The American Garage West

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#52758 Tue Dec 30 2003 04:52 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Shon, this is a Bowser 585, there nice pumps , the doors on this one lifts off not on hinges. the 585 is a little more rare then the 575 that looks a lot like it, there are parts available but you need to gut it and clean the computer. good luck.

if you would go to the showcase forum, I placed a post over there on building a pump on a fixed incame . the basics are there for all pumps. have fun and if you need to ask more questions do so . welcome aboard.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 12-30-2003).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved