Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
st.rod #532166 Wed Apr 30 2014 08:13 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
It's a shame I said "I'm done" or I'd have something more to say!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
st.rod #532167 Wed Apr 30 2014 08:20 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Ok, just saw this. 30 years and still going for me. I do just make myself somewhat sick when I think he will retire. I too have had people ask me to help them with items from Ron, he is always helpful. I DO REMEMBER though to not press him as he is very busy and the snow is very deep up there. Maybe someday he will sell me one of those great pumps or air meters up there.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ron is a great guy to deal with, I've ordered from him before and have been absolutely pleased with the quality of the cast iron pieces and other stuff. Nice person in the hobby, I'm glad there is someone like him to make certain parts that others do not. He takes a lot of time to make the stuff too. All around good guy.

Braden Splichal

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have known Ron since around 1989. When I found original Tokheim 34 and 36B faces, I sent them to him to make copies of. I purchased ECO parts from him, but somewhere, we had a dissagrement and parted ways.
But, I get phone calls from people looking for ECO parts and they tell me Ron gave them my name. I too have sent Ron business, telling the people, please don't mention my name.
Ron had done this hobby a great service, while many of us don't agree with the way he does certain things, it is his way, just be thankful that he is doing things that no one else is willing to do.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
gameon #532191 Thu May 01 2014 05:04 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
1. To many of you (many I've met and others I've not) - "Thanks!"
2. To "gameon". You requested a quote for "one Wayne ID tag $10; 2 Waayne 60 site glasses $10 each (they are listed at $15!!) and one Wayne 60 panel $30". If you had a bad experience last time why not call the other vendors and ask them to give you a QUOTE.
3. Some of you on Oldgas are responsible for the increased number of orders I'm receiving. You have told others that I will not be around much longer and you better get your parts now while you can. Remember long lines at gas stations when people panic?
4. To those who want me to put out a color catalog, hire someone, take Paypal or plastic or change my attitude - at 69 it ain't going to happen.
5. To Oldgassers who are in a hurry for your parts and then wait 4 to five weeks to pay (I have three open invoices right now and TWO of them are Oldgassers).
Don't be surprised if next time I tell you to prepay and I'll wait four or five weeks to send your parts.
6. Thanks to the MN Wild and Colo. Avs for a great series.
Go Wild! You'll need it against them Hawks...

Last edited by Oldgas; Thu May 01 2014 09:11 AM. Reason: removed real name at member's request
Online Cool
Ron,
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to respond to this "mountain out of a molehill" issue. You got a bunch of testimonials of support. Let's close this topic and get back to enjoying the hobby.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved