Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53455 Sat Apr 13 2002 11:47 AM
O
OP Offline
O
ok guys, im new here. my dad just bought a wayne 70 pump to restore this spring and im having some trouble. i know there are variations of this pump so here what mine looks like. the doors have the small window (i have seens pics of small windows and big ones but only the big window bezels are available repo), right above the window is the spinner glass and then ablove that is the ad glass. my question is: where can i find a new chrome bezel for the window, because mine is pitted beyond restoring.. i just need a pair i can get rechromed. the same for the front ad glass bezels. they both seem the be made out of pot metal and are very pitted. the side ad glass is stainless steel. also, what face do i use for the meter? it seems to have the wayne 60 faces on it now. because it has the small window, the wayne 70's wont fit. im confused. any help would be much apriciated. thanks! tommy

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#53456 Sat Apr 13 2002 01:36 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The Wayne 70 was introduced in 1937. From your description, it sounds like you have an early version. Early versions had cast aluminun or pot metal bezels. Later version had stainless steel trim. If you can't find the cast ones, the stainless will fit and since your side ad glass already has stainless they will match.
The face for the 70 is almost identical to the 60 and replacement faces are available from vendors listed on this website. I have ads, sales literature and parts/repair manuals for this pump and the pump is also shown in my new gas pump identification book, due out May 10, 2002. For information on the literature, email me at: jhsim@swbell.net
For information about my book see: www.crspub.com
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#53457 Sat Apr 13 2002 02:18 PM
O
OP Offline
O
but how will the new repo window bezel fit if it is bigger than the hole i have? i assume my window is smaller. right?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved