Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I bought this Bowser (model 595) yesterday and I have a question first, will 585 parts fit this pump? (because all the 585's I've seen look the same but this is stamped as a 595). Now to prove my gas pump sickness is firing on all cylinders. We've had a ton of rain this spring (and this is after a record snowfall winter),my trailer was in the back of the property where the ground is a water, mud, grass slurry mix. I thought, "I bet I can hook that 4' x 8' trailer to my lawn tractor and just buzz up the center and the world will be all rosy" ... well this plan was ill conceived. About twenty feet from dry land (actually damp land) I buried both. It took me almost an hour with chains, straps, and a come-along to get them where I could move them again. Caked in mud, I drove 50 minutes to buy this before anyone else snagged it. In the process I did get my wife's Jeep filthy as well so that meant I had to clean that up this morning. What can I say, I HAD TO HAVE THIS!!! (what's wrong with me?? it's not like I don't have about four pumps already)

Wally

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought I was the only one that did the same stuff...its so much fun though huh!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
That's a pretty good looking 595. Many of the 585 parts are interchangeable - I am using some 595 parts to restore my 585.

Jeff
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Wallster
I bought this Bowser (model 595) yesterday and I have a question first, will 585 parts fit this pump? (because all the 585's I've seen look the same but this is stamped as a 595).  

Yes most parts will fit..the trim is interchangeable. In fact it is the same trim on allot of models 575, 585, & 595 are a few that use the same window trim, ribbed trim and bottom door trim. Face plates are the same on 585 & 595. The reset handle is the same as well. There are a few differences it just depends what parts you are referring to.

This is of course for the small window version like you have.

Last edited by bowserman; Wed May 14 2014 06:33 PM. Reason: correction

- Jacob -
Email: jake5246@hotmail.com
Cell 507-259-2601
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
You answered all my questions. I was questioning the computer faceplates, ss ribbed trim, and site glass parts.

thanks!

Wally

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice looking pump!

Braden Splichal

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'm almost done with my Bowser 595 project. I need to re-apply new "ethyl" decals because the first set lifted when we cleared over them. I also still need two stainless steel ribbed trim pieces but I'm happy how it's turned out. Here are some pics.

Wally

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice resto...sharp looking pump!!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks great!

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Nice job! Great looking pump.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
All done now except the two stainless ribbed trim pieces I'm still looking for. Here are the completed pics.

Wally

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
nice work! there is a twin to this pump up on ebay right now.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I saw that pump after I bought mine and thought it would be a cool pump to replicate. I'm not selling mine though, I wanted it for my shop/garage.

Wally

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved