Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Has anyone pieces from a White Eagle milk glass globe? I'm looking for the beak and small parts of the glass base. And any idea's if no one has the pieces to fill in the beak or a good glue?

------------------
Thanks Lyle drolds@earthlink.net

Thanks Lyle westneb44@yahoo.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry, can't help ya but others will need to know WHICH of the 3 WHITE EAGLES you have [IF you don't have the globe books, do a search on this site @ top of page].
db

W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Oops... my bad. I think it's the blunt nose white eagle... I know it isn't the crow beak. It sure does look funny without it... and a little mad too. Lyle

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is a guy that stops by my shop here in topeka kansas that still owns his farm where they shot up about 150 original eagles that his dad brought back from the plant in KC. He said that all the parts are still there at the fence line. When he comes back I will get his phone number for you - I am very sure he will have the part you are looking for!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Thanks Travis, my eagle wouldn't be mad any more. Good luck with your Texaco sign and pole! Lyle

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
don't you just love horror stories like the eagles......I had a jobber tell me he had to take "truckloads" of old Sinclair globes to the dump and make sure they were all smashed.
AAAAAHHHH!!!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Mine was a back yard lawn jockey... what I was told and a kid mowing the lawn ran into the beak... the base was broke when digging it out of the dirt. Oh well hopfully with help this eagle will be back together again. Anybody has any ideas on what glue to use besides super glue? Lyle

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One distibuter I visited had a one peice good gulf gasoline globe...the paint was gone.
But he said a freind of his stepped on it while deer hunting...dug it up and brought it to him and gave it to him. Now that is a freind.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My wife's uncle like in the Decater Ill. area. He Has retired from a Standard Bulk plant. He said it was his job to destroy TWO truck loads of crowns years ago. He did manage to get one gold crown in tha original crate which he still has. About 8 years ago,I got the chance tovisit the bulk plant. I was sold any and all parts for any manual reset punps they had. I brought a pick load of parts home,for which I paid $85.00. They did have an American gravity and a really nice Tokheim 850 that could not be bought. The place changed hands and no one Knows what happened to the pumps.

W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
It's cool to hear the stories about finding gas stuff that hasn't seen the light of day and unfortually about smashing globes because the company wants them destroyed. In my area a guy told me about a CO-OP gas station in north eastern Colorado had about twenty merit badge logo three piece glass globes took them to the local dump and they was ran over with a D9 CAT many times to totally destroy them. What a shame.

W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Hey Travis... any sign of the guy with the broken pieces of White Eagles? Lyle

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have not seen him "this year" - give him time - I have this bookmarked and will contact you ASAP when he stops by again.

I think I am going to get the address and go out with a box and pick up all the parts for resale - I will just give you want you need.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved