Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was never insinuating anything.

Last edited by 2 Gallon Luke; Tue May 27 2014 06:37 PM.

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
OK Dave, I get it now, thanks for clarifying it. John

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
There is a good chance many of the signs in collectors hands were once stolen. Since the 1980's I have been told by various business owners of the theft of anything advertising related from their properties. The corner store I bought my penny candy from had a soda, tobacco and bread sign stolen one night. Days later the doors push bar and outside trash can were taken.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hope these guys get caught. Most signs look the best displayed outside!! As collectors we shouldn't have to worry about thieves coming by and snatching our stuff, but unfortunately we do.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
DB, you're wrong again, there was a show on DSC back on 12/22/13, it was called "Salvage City." They showed three shows on one night, guess it was a trial run to see if anyone was watching. I recorded all three because it was filmed here in St. Louis. This guy, his girlfriend an one other would break into places that had been closed for years, warehouses, theaters, even went into an "abandoned" cave, who abandons a cave? He said he was preserving items and he always gave off an opinion he had the right to do this.
Maybe someone can find this show and post how everyone can see it, talk about giving a bad name to picking.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I seen that Jack, Was hoping they'd get Lost in Cave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sad to hear this happening again...

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As reported earlier there have been two auction house thefts recently up here in the wild west of Canada. Apparently thieves were using F150s instead of horses to steal their Red Indian signs. World wide phenomenon unfortunately.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reality tv is the culprit?

You guys are too funny.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
DB, you're wrong again, there was a show on DSC back on 12/22/13, it was called "Salvage City." They showed three shows on one night, guess it was a trial run to see if anyone was watching. I recorded all three because it was filmed here in St. Louis. This guy, his girlfriend an one other would break into places that had been closed for years, warehouses, theaters, even went into an "abandoned" cave, who abandons a cave? He said he was preserving items and he always gave off an opinion he had the right to do this.
Maybe someone can find this show and post how everyone can see it, talk about giving a bad name to picking.

Jack Sim

Doesn't Doc do that?

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil

You guys are too funny.

I think it has shown that petro stuff is worth money.And they can make a quick buck off of it. As the news broadcast has shown.

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Wed May 28 2014 06:12 AM.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim

Jack Sim

...there's little reason to assume that Salvage City's producers/principals did any of that without the property-owners permission...it makes a lot more sense for them to film legal acts - acting as if they're doing something illegal - than it does to participate in a criminal enterprise...otherwise, all the authorities would have to do is watch the shows and arrest those responsible...think about it...this IS 'reality' TV, remember? wink

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"Reality" TV where they Hide a few items ahead of time to be Found by 2 Squirrels on camera!

Court systems would rather throw someone in jail for 1oz of pot than for stealing $500 of items

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Keystone Gas Man
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil

You guys are too funny.

I think it has shown that petro stuff is worth money.And they can make a quick buck off of it. As the news broadcast has shown.

Or..it's that they were raised by abusive parent, or they have a drug addiction, or a mean employer canned them and they don't have any money..etc..etc...

It's time we stop blaming tv, parents, and a myriad of other social ills for the illegal choices made by others is my point.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Shows are SUGGESTING Easy Money is to be made.

Society has taken away from parents the ways that WE were punished for misbehaving.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved