Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The periodic, selective application of force has I'm sure in the past helped a few men and children make better choices throughout their lives. It seemed to work when I was growing up. I remember getting strapped in school on a few occasions....and more then a few at home.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anyone doing that Today would loose their job, hauled off to jail & be destroyed in court Dave.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
If I got the board in school....Better bet I also got it when I got home too...But again its not the late 60s anymore.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The moral of the story is.....Guys and Gals keep your stuff bolted down ...The thieves know what you have and a idea what its worth.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Oh the wonderful days before reality TV when there was no theft is just a vague memory now.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
SOUTHERN HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1 Go to goodwill and buy a pair of size 14-16 men's work boots.

2 Place them on front porch,along with a copy of Guns and Ammo magazine.

3 Put four giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.

4 Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba, Me and Marcel,Donnie Ray and Jimmy Earl went for more ammo and beer. Be back in a hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls.
They got the mail man this morning and messed him up bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Any way, I locked all for of them in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back.
Cooter

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Loyd Pierce
SOUTHERN HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1 Go to goodwill and buy a pair of size 14-16 men's work boots.

2 Place them on front porch,along with a copy of Guns and Ammo magazine.

3 Put four giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.

4 Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba, Me and Marcel,Donnie Ray and Jimmy Earl went for more ammo and beer. Be back in a hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls.
They got the mail man this morning and messed him up bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Any way, I locked all for of them in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back.
Cooter
LOL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Lloyd,I really like that and I am going to try that myself! grin

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Even Banks can't stop from being Robbed.
Criminals never stop thinking up ways for getting easy money.
Sometime even doing more damages than what items are worth.

We've all heard of the propery owner/farmer that had to sell property to Pay legal, court cost & injured thief/trespasser that was injured in their attempt of theft/trespassing.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Sat May 31 2014 06:22 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Keystone Gas Man
The moral of the story is.....Guys and Gals keep your stuff bolted down ...The thieves know what you have and a idea what its worth.

Very sad indeed...I just sold the last of the signs that were hanging on my back fence for this very reason. Last year I had someone try to rip a few signs off my backyard fence. (None of which were visible from the street I might add). Thank goodness the dogs alerted me that someone was in my backyard and thankfully that low life didn't get away with anything. But its sad that I had to move/sell all of the stuff I enjoyed seeing every time I went in my backyard. Now all of the stuff is inside behind lock and key. That may not even be enough these days. Sad frown ...

Thanks,
-Paul

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
2 words:
Public Hangings

I've been pushing for this to help with the carjacking issue. I think it would help in the area of personal property theft as well.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey I just bought a few signs off a fellow who was tired of the prospect of theft and he sold all his stuff. He couldn't take the paranoia.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Gasman84470
Hey I just bought a few signs off a fellow who was tired of the prospect of theft and he sold all his stuff. He couldn't take the paranoia.

Thankfully I only chose to sell the signs that were displayed outside, but I get the paranoia thing..I have 2 kids under the age of 2yrs old to worry about.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Steve C..
I agree something needs to be done to at least deter the stealing. The local authorities said all they could do was to beef up patrols in my area. mad

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
For some reason, there were tweekers out here in the middle of the night on Thursday and I went out to my car the next morning and my checkbook and a couple of other items were gone. I called and talked to the neighbors and about 2 others were hit for piddly *****.
Now that they have had a good outcome, out here in the boonies where I live, I know they will be back.

No matter how messed up they are, my stuff is not worth more than a life but if they are threatning or endangering my well being or my family's, then that's why we don't call the police out here, until it's over!

My parents scared/taught me enough that I've always stayed out of trouble, mostly, but I think for those that have not learned those life lessons or they have chosen to ignore them, loosing a finger when your 1st caught stealing and then a hand if there is a 2nd time, is a good thing to start discussing in the courts. It would save a gob of money by keeping them out of taxpayer costly jails and the person can easily live a full and fulfilling life, as a decent citizen, with out that finger there.
^^^^^
Bankers, lawyers, politicians/govt. workers & corporate fatcats included and maybe that would start to straighten out some of the big money problems in our country!
A guy can dream, right? ha ha

Last edited by Man-Cave-Shoppe; Mon Jun 02 2014 12:09 PM. Reason: add info

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved