Next Thread
Print Thread
#538403 Tue May 27 2014 09:13 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I believe that I need two of these, one would help. They are for the twins and the slot at the top goes sideways not straight up and down as for a single pump.
Thanks

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Craig, FYI they do recast the handles.... originals for a double might be hard to find

Always looking for Red Indian Tins, McColl Frontenac, McColl Bros., Buffalo (prarie cities oil co), Stellarene and other western canadian tins.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Yes I know they recast but in Aluminum. I would prefer original cast iron if possible. I am thinking of posting one of my clear visions on Craig's list up there. One of the twins does not have the handles. I could deliver to the border for someone or bring it to Columbus. Hard decision though which one, They are my friends.

Craig
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
This is just to show how old I am getting. Remembered that I put two in a wrapper somewhere. Sure enough there was a little bit of memory that I did do that and low and behold found them in my storage under the house. What a relief.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
This is just to show how old I am getting. Remembered that I put two in a wrapper somewhere. Sure enough there was a little bit of memory that I did do that and low and behold found them in my storage under the house. What a relief.

I was going to suggest you look under your house - but I figured that was too obvious...

Ray

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just want to make sure we document accurate information in these threads. When I read this post the other day, I wanted to state that I have seen the slots in the handles both ways on doubles. Not just across/sideways as stated above.

If you look at the photo's in this thread you will note that they came both ways.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=539068&#Post539068

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Which models, have had older and new models with only slots going sideways. Have seen many reproductions of the handles with doubles only going one way also. In the photos, they all seem to be going the same direction. One guy told me years ago he put his on sideways not know which way to do it. Have no idea how that was accomplished though. Would love to see a close up picture, would make the single handle worth more for sure.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All clearvisions, singles and doubles came both ways, with slots horizontal and/or vertical....also i have original handles marked (embossed) SSE with a + cut in the handle to accomodate either vertical or horizontal...mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
OK thanks

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings