Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'll see ya there Dick! Bring some oranges!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Would they have a "contact seller" if it wasn't an option?
Seems like it's part of the Ebay process.
I don't do Ebay---Buy or sell

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'll take WINE over WHINE any day, but because somebody voices what they feel is wrong, doesn't always mean they're WHINING.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
The "contact a seller" is to ask questions about an item, such as the condition, missing or broken pieces, delivery options, etc.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is unfortunate that eBay has evolved that way. I don't believe that was the intended practice. And Buy It Now and Make an Offer were meant to deal with that. If you are willing to accept an offer then list the item that way. It's pretty simple. As stated above, if you go to a Matthews auction (or any other auction)you can't make an offer on an item.

It's pretty clear. If we have made an offer on an eBay auction item to end an auction early. We are cheating, plain and simple. And I have done it as well because I wanted that Texaco item very much. Like I said in my long earlier post. We can rationalize and justify just about anything to get what we want. And we do so usually for our own benefit and not someone else's. So, like it or not....we would all lie to our grandma. LOL. Now, I am off to see if I can end an auction early......

Last edited by Alex; Sat Jun 07 2014 09:28 AM.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bppierce
I'll take WINE over WHINE any day, but because somebody voices what they feel is wrong, doesn't always mean they're WHINING.

Some people lack the ability to intelligently have a discussion with someone who holds a differing opinion or view. Making derogatory remarks in no way furthers the debate at hand or in anyway sheds them in a favorable light.

For someone to hold and voice a differing opinion is not whining. It is the normal process by which we have for generations solved problems or found better ways to do things. Whoever can't grasp this concept is suffering from a serious deficiency of brain cells!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
matthews auctions isnt a 7-10 day listing...so lets compare apples to apples...
continually beating a dead horse is whining especially when its the same people with same complaint...
I dont like the fact ebay allows it either BUT they do...
So far we got Wine, Oranges, Apples and a Dead Horse riding a beat up motorcycle....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Orville Redenbacker has run out of popcorn. He assures me a new supply will be in by the time this topics shows up again.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
They DO NOT allow it for the purpose being debated, again I PROVED this last time it was talked about (and I did it respectfully) The reason they do allow it is lost/broken/stolen/items misrepresented/etc. NOT because it was sold out from under them and the bidders who were interested. This is easy enough to find out, anyone debating the other side of this call eBay and ask them "can I end my auction and sell to another buyer outside eBay ?" see what they say and come back here and be HONEST about what they told you.

Pete
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A Bunch of Collectors Suffering a serious deficiency of brain cells.
IF we had a full Cranium, we'd get a Divorce!

WE Can't EAT, Wear, Drive, Use this Stuff. It's Bragging Rights to have it on the wall.

#540656 Sat Jun 07 2014 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
how many old gassers have gotten a ebay auction stopped early? "one day" poll.. cool

ebay auction "end early"
single choice
I have (61%, 28 Votes)
I have NOT (39%, 18 Votes)
Total Votes: 46
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

RANDY
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By: Dave Richey
Orville Redenbacker has run out of popcorn. He assures me a new supply will be in by the time this topics shows up again.

Good one Dave!

BTW, does anyone have the LINK(s) for the previous discussion(s) on similar topic? wink

2014 & going forward ... eBay + Live Auctions! IMO, the one with money + desire to own it bad, WINS. Regardless!

My 2-cents worth of Wine!

Hen

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am on the phone with Ebay right, now... According to the Ebay Customer Service Rep... (her name is Joy)... I asked the question: Is it a violation of Ebay Rules, to contacted a Seller and make a BIN offer, even if the Auction has no provision for making such offers?

Her answer is: No, It is not a violation of Ebay Rules, to contact a Seller and ask if they will accept a BIN offer?

I explained that we are having this conversation and have had it many times in the past... For the record, last time we had this conversation, I contacted Ebay... And both times, I have gotten the same answer... As long as the transaction is done on Ebay, NO Rules have been violated....

According to Joy, Ebay has a "Time Period" where the Seller can change their Auction. If that period has past; The Seller has the option to stop their Auction...

Since, I always do the transactions through Ebay and I always use Paypal. In doing so, both I the Buyer and the Seller meet all requirements according to these Ebay Customer Service Reps...

Maybe, I am asking the question in a different manner, than anyone who has gotten a different answer. I have no idea... But, according to the Ebay Customer Service Rep, I just got off the phone with... As long as the transaction is done, through Ebay... Neither I nor the Seller have broken any Ebay Rules...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
matthews auctions isnt a 7-10 day listing...so lets compare apples to apples...

The length of the auction is irrelevant to the point. eBay is a timed auction and Matthew's is not. Only the format is different. Ether way you can't go to a Matthews Auction and buy the item without bidding on it. Now if eBay was a classified ad only and the seller paid to have it posted for seven days and could sell it before it expires...wait, they do that..it is called Buy It Now or Make an Offer...LOL...Listing an item in the timed auction means your intent is to let the auction (yes, it is an auction) go to the end. Again, I have cheated by offering to buy from a seller as well.

Popcorn has arrived..

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob Richards, you asked her about a BUY IT NOW offer. That is not what this thread is about.
Call again and ask if you can make an offer to buy it off eBay.

She will probably tell you it is posted in every email that is sent back and forth that IT IS NOT ALLOWED. of course some here think that for for the other people and not meant for them.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved