Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
Damn, does this mean, I am ethical, now?

I told you you were a stand-up guy. You just didn't know it...LOL

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: henlovestoys
So, why does the page show:

Price:US $9,500.00

How does it work?

Thanks,

Hen

The $9,500 was the Buy it Now Price; had the two bids at $3,550 approximately 12 hours into a several day auction.....then the listing ended with the item no longer available. eBay DID NOT share in a $9,500 sale; I'm only speculating because I do not know the actual facts but my guess is that eBay got nothing for the sale of these two signs.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
An oldgas member/picker must have made the "right" offer to the seller to end the auction of the Chevy signs. They now have ONE of the signs listed for $26,500!...

Ebay # 141312334780

Sell me your Gilmore Oil Co. stuff...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got that Wrong, GILMORE. He is a User of oldgas.
Members Participate.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: GILMORE
An oldgas member/picker must have made the "right" offer to the seller to end the auction of the Chevy signs. They now have ONE of the signs listed for $26,500!...

Ebay # 141312334780

There is a behind the scene story to this now.....I'm not going to air my MAJOR displeasure on how this has now played out.....but not "cool" at all! mad

To connect the dots see my first post in this thread...........

Last edited by 1937 GMC; Sun Jun 08 2014 01:28 PM.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am sure there are those who wonder why flippers and pickers are treated with disdain. Screwing others in the pursuit of profit can not be seen by "good men" as stellar conduct.

Glad, I'm not one of those who thinks it okay to be a shady operator on e-Bay or in life. I'm sure these people conduct business in life with the same lack of ethics and greed.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Phone #'s match......

Originally Posted By: bagged1961
Porcelain Service Arrow. Immaculate condition. Super gloss. Double sided. Measures 18" x 12" x 5 foot. Marked Walker and Co. Detroit. All original including the can (possibly repainted years ago). No neon included.

$8500 or make offer

Listing for my dad so call him at 765-432-6407.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141312334780

Last edited by Chevrolet SS; Sun Jun 08 2014 02:08 PM.

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow! Pretty quick to throw someone under the bus. I know both of these guys(father & son) and they are good people. Don't know the circumstances of this deal but I'll vouch for their integrity and ethics in everything I've done with them both buying and selling. Once again who are we to judge when a seller sells for X and the buyer decides to ask for y on the resell.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bustermonty
Once again who are we to judge when a seller sells for X and the buyer decides to ask for y on the resell.

once its in your possession, you can do what or put any number you want on it.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most of us go by the "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

The circumstances of the deal seem obvious to me. They made an offer when bids were already made. For everyone that seen the initial auction, then notice it ended early, then see same sign listed by another seller... I believe can figure out what happened.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's all a game. Money talks, ethics walks. Can't blame the buyers much, the sellers are the ones cancelling bids to end auctions. Sucks when your a bidder though and this happens. That's why I don't don't do it. But, through loopholes in ebay, bidders can make offers on items with bids and sellers can end items claiming they are lost or broken.

Doesn't matter if you know the person, know the family, or if it's you. However you twist it, doesn't make it right, in the eyes of most people. I assume.

And, your right, a person can ask whatever they want for something they own. I didn't see that being questioned here.

Last edited by GILMORE; Sun Jun 08 2014 02:48 PM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just spoke with the owner of the signs. All the facts of this deal and why some might be upset are not present. I suggest everyone know the facts of a particular deal before voicing a strong opinion. I stand by my assessment.

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
eek Okay, before someone says something they may regret later, I will expose more details I had not intended to divulge. The signs I originally referred to were 4 six footers in New Lennox Illinois, by Chicago. A Red and white Phillips 66, Oval Standard, Sinclair HC and A Lion on the Rock. All refurbished on 1 side shown still on a metal building wall. They had reserves, NO BIN. There had been some nibble bids on all, I had contacted the seller with some questions on the Lion about condition. Next morning when I checked my E-mail for a response, all 4 were gone. The only way I had access to the HC and Lion was because they were put in my Watch List. Just sad to miss them because I expected the sale to go till end, not end early when there is no BIN. Guess I should have known better. The REAL question now that the signs identity has been revealed: Did and Old Gasser buy them? confused
Ed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bustermonty
Just spoke with the owner of the signs. All the facts of this deal and why some might be upset are not present. I suggest everyone know the facts of a particular deal before voicing a strong opinion. I stand by my assessment.

Now I'm curious to know the facts... for us that aren't in the "know", we see an auction that was ended early because the item was "lost or broken". Did bagged find the "lost" Chevy signs or fix them for the initial seller? Or, did he make an offer on them and get the seller to cancel the bids, end the auction and sell them to him?

Educate me/us. So we know the facts. Otherwise I, and I assume others, will stand by our assessment.

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
crazy I guess it must have been Col. Mustard, in the Library, with The Candlestick..................
Ed. wink

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved