Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54222 Sun Jan 11 2004 03:57 PM
D
OP Offline
D
just aquired a g&b model 66 . (many thanks to my brother for stumbling across this one!!)
does anyone have any info on this pump? such as how it worked. there are knobs on one side , which are marked in gallons . i assume you pulled a knob for how many gallons you wanted and then turned the crank.
it would pump up to 5 gal. at a time.
in jack sim's book the picture shows a dial on the side. the dial is missing on this one . but did the dial keep track of the gal. past 5 ?
does anyone have a hand crank for this kind of pump that they would be willing to sell?
also in the photo in jacks book it shows a decal that says "filtered gasoline" does anyone make this decal, i have not seen it in any catalogs.

thanks for any info
dave

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#54223 Sun Jan 11 2004 04:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HEAVY Pump.
Hope your brother is O.K. Sore foot?
Yes, the dial on the side did keep track of the gallons above 5gal.
Don't know of anyone making the decals for this pump. Have your local sign shop make you some vinyl letters.
Post a picture.
Dick

#54224 Mon Jan 12 2004 05:26 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
David, I have a model 65 here which works beautifully. The pump uses a chain driven set of gears to raise the plunger up, thereby drawing the gas out of the storage tank. The pump that I have needs skins but the globe mount, middle section, access doors and base are all castiron. I have seen some of these that were stamped steel. They were a KOOL piece of engineering. As for a crank handle to sell. I will look. I might have an extra one. Paul

#54225 Mon Jan 12 2004 08:45 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
David, I checked on the crank handle and discovered that I have a box of parts for that pump. The crank handle is there and I assume it is correct. Contact me at www.severngaspumps.com we can figure out what you might need. Paul

#54226 Wed Jan 14 2004 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I make the crank in cast iron if you need one. I also make the knob fronts, the clockface and other parts for this pump. Let me know if you need any additional help. Ron Scobie http://www.gaspump.com

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved