Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#542709 - Mon Jun 16 2014 06:42 PM Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign
minuteman Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
ebay 131216853513

Its moving up fast but if you add things up you just may decide not to bid.

1. Found in Iowa (supposidly)
2. Seller seems to have a lot of reverse glass items from John Deere to you name it, and glass mirrors...all vintage of course.
3. Seller has one neutral for selling repop item and not saying so.

#542715 - Mon Jun 16 2014 07:02 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: minuteman]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA
Very EASY decision IMO...;)

#542781 - Mon Jun 16 2014 11:03 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: pumpingethyl]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
I agree....

Attachments
$_57 (2).JPG

#542882 - Tue Jun 17 2014 12:21 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: Dave's Garage]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
very interesting good catch on the feedback Kim . Early painted would have more than likely been made in Toronto.No maker noted soooooooooo . Its not looking good .

#543162 - Wed Jun 18 2014 08:04 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: redindianguy]
screamin flea Offline

Loc: ON
So this particular sign is a repo but they did make this style? The things that caught my eye was the "droopy" nose and the more pronounced back eye lash. But by all means I am still quite green in this hobby.

Flea

#543196 - Thu Jun 19 2014 06:48 AM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: screamin flea]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have yet to see in all my years a reverse glass piece but that does not mean they do not exist . I have a large number of red indian station pics and not one showing a reverse glass window . But again .............................

#543198 - Thu Jun 19 2014 07:22 AM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: redindianguy]
junior25 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario,Can
Here's my thought. If the company that made this piece clearly marks it as " Made for McColl-Frontenac Oil Co. Limited Canada" then why would this company not include their company name as the maker. Pride of craftsmanship is not evident here.

#543243 - Thu Jun 19 2014 02:44 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: junior25]
henlovestoys Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
I am assuming this was made to be used in a light box. Am I correct?

Thanks,

Hen

#543412 - Fri Jun 20 2014 02:11 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: henlovestoys]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Well, there are 8 bidders that have it up over $800 so far.
Probably one of those deals that we'll never really know the answers about.
Cell#-701-739-6133

#543519 - Sat Jun 21 2014 10:50 AM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: K W FRITH]
texacojoe Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Read the small print at the very end of the ebay description, tells you all you need know.
In my opinion this sign was made to fool but you know what they say about a fool and his money...

#543532 - Sat Jun 21 2014 12:40 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: texacojoe]
wocopep Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Wetumpka,Al.
I did not read that disclaimer until today. That lets the seller out of alot of things but still doesnt justify deception wether he is aware of it or not.

#543536 - Sat Jun 21 2014 01:05 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: wocopep]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
A disclaimer info is no excuse for Ignorance

#543537 - Sat Jun 21 2014 01:13 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: wocopep]
texacojoe Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: wocopep
I did not read that disclaimer until today. That lets the seller out of alot of things but still doesnt justify deception wether he is aware of it or not.

Should not let the seller out of anything, he knows what he is selling, shows him for exactly what he is.

#543545 - Sat Jun 21 2014 02:08 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: texacojoe]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Here's sellers disclaimer;

"It is the bidders sole responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value, or any other determinative factor. No items have been authenticated. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. Bidder agrees that everything is sold 'AS IS', 'AS FOUND', or 'AS PURCHASED' and may not return any item. Payment is required within three days of the end of the auction. Due to the age of some of the items, not every single imperfection or flaw may be noted, but wear or obvious defects will be described in general or specific terms. ALL SALES ARE FINAL."

Intent is to deceive and shift responsibility. Seller's deceptive nature is further highlighted by the tiny font and all the spaces entered between the description. Have scroll down to see them.

After reading that BS most potential bidders would move on or at least I would.

#543570 - Sat Jun 21 2014 03:36 PM Re: Reverse Glass Red Indian Sign [Re: Dave's Garage]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Will that disclaimer standup to a refund thru PayPal?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved