Next Thread
Print Thread
#54274 Sun Oct 16 2005 09:14 AM
M
mMike Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi guys,

I am new here. My first job was at a Sunoco Station several years ago. For quite some time now, I buy every vintage Sunoco items I can find. I am now thinking of buying a pump and restore it to Sunoco colors. I went to fall Carlisle a couple weeks ago and saw porcelain signs (reproductions)with the Sunoco logo on it. There was no name on the sign. I know the Ande Rooney Company make good quality repro signs. I can't tell it was not a Ande Rooney sign because the back was white enamel.
Do you guys know other manufacturers that make good quality repro signs for my coming restoration?

Thanks
mMike
omike68@hotmail.com

Mike
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#54275 Sun Oct 16 2005 10:49 AM
Online Cool
Hi mMike,
Welcome to Oldgas!
Click on the "Parts" link on the very top line of this page. Check with the vendors linked there for signs and decals that are available. They bring together many parts makers, many only make one or a couple things. Talking to them on the phone might get you more up to date information than the average Web site would.

There are several Sunoco gas pumps in the Gas Pump Image album that I'm trying to find time to work on. Click on that Sunoco link to see them.

As a side note, let me know if you have any problems with that album. Like getting a "No albums, no images" error message when you click on a link to see more pictures in the album. I've been frustrated by that intermittant problem and I'm wondering how often it happens and in what situation. Sometimes I have had to exit the album and come back in from the beginning. Arrrgh!
Send me a message about it: shoptalk@oldgas.com

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#54276 Tue Oct 18 2005 06:12 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Mike- welcome to Old Gas- the man who had the repro Sunoco signs at Carlisle was Jim Dugan- from Maryland?? also supplies many pump parts-I cant find his card at moment but will keep looking- Possibly someone else on old gas has his # thanks don PS I will send you pic of some extra Sunoco items I have later today-

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
#54277 Tue Oct 18 2005 09:25 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Jim Dougan is the one that sells the die-cut Sunoco pump signs, he also has some great Pepsi decals if you are restoring a soda machine. His phone number is 724-652-2351. He lives in Pennsylvania.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#54278 Tue Oct 18 2005 04:13 PM
M
mMike Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the answers.... is he making the signs or he just sell them?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved