Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#543283 Thu Jun 19 2014 05:18 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Thank you for your interest and information. I have had several people look at this sign including someone who use to make signs. Also the people at farm from where I received this from told me it was very old. Anything from the 1970's or older is truely vintage. This is a very nicely made sign and I have not seen another in this size that matchs the color of the larger 30" signs that I have seen. Even if this was a reproduction. I truely believe this is well worth what I am asking for this and I believe anyone who would purchase this would be well pleased.

- rebel1*11item #181439404988

Last edited by ddkinsey; Thu Jun 19 2014 05:21 PM.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Reproduction sign period. Not made in 1970's. Started being made in the 1980's thru today. Not a vintage sign either . Misuse of the word. They can talk that s--- if they want to but bottom line they are guilty of fraud when misrepresenting the sign even if they didnt know in the beginning. Reported

Last edited by wocopep; Thu Jun 19 2014 06:05 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reported.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And with a fair and low starting price.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
reported.. cool

gmcsn.JPG

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This seller needs an intervention!! Wow....

I turned them onto this one but their sign maker will probably tell them he's wrong
Fake sign truth

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Changes the posting a bit when questioned.....now removed.

Vintage GMC Motors Porcelain Sign From an Old Estate Sale. Believe 1970's or Earlier. This came form an old farm estate sale in Pennsylvania. I took this sign to a friend of mine who is now in his 70's. He use to make signs for a living and he told me he believe's this to be 1970's or earlier. This sign is in very nice condition but does have some rust. You should be able to see the condition in the pictures. I am not an expert on these type of signs but I do know this is very well made and would be great for any collection or display. This measures Approx. 12" across and has rivets in the holes for easy hanging. This seems to have the same color as the larger 30" signs I have seen. I have not seen another just like this one in this size. I do believe anyone that would buy this would not be disappointed. I believe I am listing this for a fair and low starting price Thanks for looking. Any questions, please email.

Another Picker / Flipper who implies they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to vintage advertising; and of course throws in I spoke to the 70+ year old sign maker to take the onus off of them....."See no evil speak no evil". These "Junkers" need to just stay away from what they think are collectibles and stick with the garage sale junk....see their other items posted for sale.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved