Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Hi everyone...
Downsizing my collection yet, have a few antique display cases for sale if anyone is interested. It isn't really practical to ship these via freight and at least this first one too large for UPS, but I think I can offer you a shipping suggestion to get it to you unharmed for about the same as it would cost a UPS store to pack & ship it, even cheaper in some instances. By that I mean probably around 250-300, at least anywhere east of the Mississippi and to the Texas area. Send me a pm if interested...might also mention, I wouldn't mind finding a nice straight original Tokheim 39 pump if you're interested in some type of trade.

First display case: Measures 41 1/2" long, 26 1/4" deep, and 15" tall. Made out of oak with a slat bottom pine floor. Very unique & unusual corner detail. It has some old wavy glass in it if you like that old time glass look. Wood sliding rear doors. Case is very clean and straight. I recently removed the contents and gave it another thorough cleaning. This from a non smoking home. If I had to guess, I'd say 1930's. I am more than happy to send you as many hi resolution photo's as you'd like. Asking $500.

showcase1a.JPG showcase1b.JPG
Last edited by neatoldstuff; Tue Jun 24 2014 08:08 AM.
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Second display case: This case is 30 1/2" wide, 30 1/2" tall, and 14" deep. It has a wooden door in the rear, and a glass door in the front. In 100% original condition, the joints are all very nice and solid all around. Front glass door, rear wood door, side windows, wood shelves. It has some bumps and bruises that I will point out to you in detail, but nothing that will scare you away. This is a great case also with a ton of display area. Original glass all around...original makers tag very nice yet, made by a company in Quincy IL...the only thing not original on this is the rear porcelain knob. All I would ever do to this cabinet is give it a thorough cleaning, I never got around to that. Asking $550.

Showcase2a.JPG Showcase2b.JPG
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Third and last (for now) display case: This is the nicest of the three. So nice I would consider this exceptional condition. Measurements of this cabinet is 26 1/2" tall, 25 1/2" wide, by 14 1/2" deep. It weighs 25#. The actual inside display area is 10 3/4" deep, 22" wide, by 24" tall. This cabinet is extremely clean, has the original wavy glass, two swinging doors on the back with original hardware, the original makers tag. The cabinet is solid oak except the very bottom & very top, not 100% sure what type of wood those are out of. Top was held on by four nails, those at some point were removed, it actually makes it much easier to load when the back of the cabinet is up against the wall. This cabinet dates to very late 1800's, most likely 1895-1899....Asking $1150.

These all make great cabinets for displaying smalls or cast iron toys or trains or most anything you can think of. Send me a pm if interested enough for a shipping quote...or give me a call at 815-747-2613. No Paypal, Thank you...

Showcase3a.JPG Showcase3b.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice early cases!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
I always liked the original display cases Dave, to me the only thing better than collecting "old stuff" is having a way of displaying it somewhat similar to how it may have been displayed in a store to begin with....
Mark

Last edited by neatoldstuff; Tue Jun 24 2014 12:01 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great display cases… If I didn't just buy a couple, I'd be jumping to buy these ones

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Quick Update...
The very first case I listed here has been sold offsite, still have the other two available.

I also have another one that is 14 3/4” tall, 16 5/8” wide, and 11” deep. One access door in the back. Glass top, front, back and sides. The original old time eye screws are set for a middle shelf, and like others I have seen, there are also 4 old eye screws below the middle shelf, front two are lower than the top two, so you could set the glass shelf at an angle. The cabinet is made of oak lumber, I believe the bottom is pine. The glass is all "handlaid" and very old, I would date this case somewhere between 1850 & 1900. No major issues whatsoever, this is a great case with just enough great patina to make it very interesting....asking $500 for this one. Happy to ship long as you give me a few days to pack it extremely well and you cover exact costs.

DSC_0437.JPG DSC_0442.JPG

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved