Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54618 Thu Mar 29 2001 07:17 PM
L
lowrodz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
As part of a project to graduate high school I am restoring and MS 80. I would like to know if anyone has an estimated time (hours) that it would take to restore this pump. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Brad Lowrance
Oskaloosa, Kansas

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#54619 Fri Apr 06 2001 11:26 AM
C
C
Just finished one. Hard question to answer though. A lot of variables in there. If you buy all the repo parts and out source all the labor you can get it together in 2 weekends one to take it apart and photograph and the next to assemble when you get all the parts back. Otherwise, If you are doing the labor yourself, then a lot factors in, for instance, is it all there? are all the pieces salvageable? will you strip paint and sandblast or lightly sand and spray, I have a weekend in just the calculator. A weekend in stripping the paint from the panels and getting them ready for sandblasting, I have a weekend in bead blasting and coating all the small parts.
A weekend for other stuff. Plan on minimum 100 hours and more likely double or triple that depending on repairs/quality of work/???
Oh, and if you send anything out to be chromed, do that first, it takes 6-12 weeks for that. email me off list if you have any specific questions about how I did it. It was my first one.
ChevyGuyDan
danno16@excite.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved