Print Thread
#5468 Wed Oct 30 2002 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot find in any of my books the paint codes for the green and orange Marathon used in the 30's. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I am currently restoring a Tokheim 850 in the early Marathon colors. I never found a stock paint for it. I ordered a couple of the "Marathon Products" green/black/w running man repro signs.I had my paint shop match the green on it and as the pump is round, I had two decals made from these signs. Using PPG basecoat/clearcoat, the base color is DBC 45242...Shamrock Green. Then the basic color will have to be tinted. Here is the "Tint Guide". DMD1684 134.4, DMD1693 518.4, DMD643 115.2, DMD1683 144.0, and DBX1689 185.6. The color is very, very close, maybe could be just a touch more darker, but it looks great. Have the store mix you up a sample first. The orange is a common orange and should be no problem for you. I only used the orange in some minor details and pin stripping. Good luck. Gary

[This message has been edited by Gary Drye (edited 11-01-2002).]

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
The 850 in Marathon sound like it will be a killer! Hope you'll post pictures when you finish it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gary thanks much for the info, it is appreciated. I am doing a National 38 with original glass. I agree with Morgan, hope you will post pics when finished.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Thanks guys, I probably will post a pic (with Jim's help). Lots of parts are gold plated and as much as that cost me, I'll have to brag a little. LOL I want to see the National 38 when you get it finished also.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved