Next Thread
Print Thread
#54799 Tue Nov 27 2007 02:00 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
I finally got a call from my body man and he is about ready to spray my pump. He had to straighten the door and take care of some dents, so he needs to put it together before he paints it to make sure its a good fit (just the skins and door). He called to see if I had any pics so he could see how it goes together. No problem, I took close to 100 while dismantling it.
PROBLEM...for some reason all of my pics are no longer on my computer. What the (*&^% happened I dont know, so I need some help. I recall someone did a really good series of pics, a step-by step of their pump restoration. I looked in the archives and "best of" and cant find it. Does anyone remember it? This is a long shot, but does anyone have pics of a Tok 300 that might be helpful?
I know I can go to his shop and figure it out, but Ill be paying for the experience. Thanks to any who can help.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#54800 Tue Nov 27 2007 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Have you tried hitting start and doing a search for all photos on your PC?

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
#54801 Tue Nov 27 2007 04:29 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A good computer person (not at best buy)can get the pictures off the computer.

It's like CSI but with your computer..

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
#54802 Tue Nov 27 2007 05:24 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
John I have one in the shop, I'll take some pictures and send you them tomorrow. Richard

#54803 Tue Nov 27 2007 07:14 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Thanks Richard, that would be a big help. I tried a search and found the folder, but the folder is empty. Why, I dont know. Im sure a computer expert would probably cost more than the pump is worth! Ill see if I can figure it out with Richards pics.
Thanks again
John

#54804 Tue Nov 27 2007 07:20 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In the PCMs guide to gas pump restoration one of the pumps I restored was a Tokheim 300 with step by step pictures

Mark Sconyers

Memories Restored

#54805 Tue Nov 27 2007 07:54 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
You didn't say what the pump was. If it is a computer pump, one side is the nozzle side, the other side is the reset side, and the door go on either side on most pumps.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#54806 Wed Nov 28 2007 09:09 AM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Mr. Simm, Its a Tokheim 300. I managed to find a few pics of the pump before I started taking it apart, so I hope he can figure it out. He (and I) might find pics of the hinges helpful though. Its been a year since I took it apart.
John

#54807 Thu Nov 29 2007 12:55 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
This is the first pump I ever restored. Unless you are trying to restore it with all the pumps, motors, and meter, there is only one way the pump goes together. Assuming you are only trying to put the sheet metal on the frame, what I said above is all you need.
If you are having any problems, I have original color ads, original color sales material and original parts manuals (the manual that was in the box with the pump when it was delivered). If you have any interest in any of these, just email me: jhsim@swbell.net

Want to know about the new (revision) of the Gas pump Identification book? Again just email me.
Jack Sim
Author Gas Pump Identificaiton book and Air Meter Identification book.
Have an hour or so to waste try: www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#54808 Thu Nov 29 2007 10:16 AM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Thanks Mr. Simm. The body man just needs to fit the skins and door and Richard sent some pics that should allow him to do that. After he paints it, I will be putting it back together. I stripped out the pump, but may need your manual for the other parts. I have your book, but not sure if its the revised edition, how do I tell?
Thanks,
John

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved