Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Two weeks ago I purchased a gas pump in the state of Washington on ebay. I contacted Unishippers to have it shipped back to Ohio. The first scheduled day was last Tuesday. RL Carrier who was contracted by Unishipper to do the job not only failed to show up but didn't even call the seller of the pump who waited all day long for them. So, it was rescheduled for today (7/1). Guess what........another no show, but I did get a call this time stating they wanted more money to use another carrier. Sorry but that's unacceptable. I called the Vice President of Unishipper and it's no wonder why businesses fail as they do. All he wanted to do was pass the buck stating it wasn't his companies fault. I asked him who hired RL Carriers to represent your company to do the job for your company & who failed your company, not once but TWICE. Needless to say I canceled my account with them and canceled the shipping. I used this company because of some of the post's on here stated they were one of the cheapest around. That may be so but you ALWAYS get what you pay for. All I received was lip service, poor business practice and the bottom line, no pump. NEVER EVER AGAIN......Bill in Ohio

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...sorry to hear about your misfortune...

Originally Posted By: Ed Steagall
wink Beltman Group is a division of North American Van Lines. They will pick-up your pumps at your door and deliver to your destination, as long as accessible with a semi van. No wrapping or putting on a pallet, they will blanket wrap it and treat it as if they were moving a Refrigerator. 1-800-959-880 or 888-662-6261.
Ed. grin www.beltmannlogistics.com

...call these guys, and select 'Gaming Division'...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you & I will

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You missed a number in there---800-959-8880 (ext 2)

Have the pick up zip code and the receiver zip code, and the approx. size and weight and they will give you a quote right over the phone. If the price is good, you can book the deal right then, or use the quote for later on. If you do book the shipment, you'll need the physical address on both ends, plus a contact number so they can call you ahead of pickup and delivery.

I have shipped or received over 20 pumps with these people and they are a first rate company. You won't be disappointed! Good Luck!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you too & I will call them too.

Truly a shame on what not only they put me through but the old fellow on the other end. I talked with him on the phone and he's in his 70's or 80's. Making him wait around all day w/o a call then to do it again today.

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I have used Beltmann Logistics for moving a vintage vending machine from New Jersey to Washington state. They even worked with my storage facility to have the machine put in my storage unit without me having to be there.
Here is the link I used.

http://www.beltmannlogistics.com/arcade-shipping.aspx

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lack of professionalism, pride and customer service by both companies.

I agree with you, the savings are not worth the aggravation and frustration. You will be pleased with NAVL.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Weird, I have shipped over a hundred pumps using Unishippers and have yet to have a problem...

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Dave you hit the nail right on the head. The V.P. was a kid maybe in his twenties. After RL screwed the pooch twice you'd think that for the extra $60 to $80 they wanted from me to use another carrier they'd cover it not only to make a customer happy but to keep him coming back. Nope, in his words, it wasn't our fault. So not only do they lose me as a customer today but forever too. Plus I can't imagine at least one or two or more of the 2 or 3 hundred hits on this won't have some influence on who you'd trust with your treasures being shipped.

And Ryan, it's good you've never had a problem. But I truly believe this problem happens more often than not with RL Carriers (twice with me in one week). They didn't want to go the site for pickup because they had no deliveries in the area. Well, in business you take the good with the bad. Being selective will eventually come back and bite you in the rear. Myself being in business for 30 plus years you can't make a million on every customer but you always need customers coming back supporting you whether it's the big profit job or the candy bar for the kids. Repeat customers are the life blood for any business to survive. Unishippers blew it here. The extra money wasn't a big issue. It was a matter of principal from the 1st week scheduled pickup and no phone calls to the 2nd week blunder and calling the morning of the pickup wanting more money. Anyway life goes on and my point is my view and feelings. Whether right or wrong it's over with and good to vent to the community here. I may not be a veteran of the site but I'm by far no rookie. Good business practices pay off in aces. I've seen it happen too many times for me and can only use that as a guide. Karma is a bitch who doesn't forget. What goes around ALWAYS comes around...Bill P

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have always found Beltmann Logistics quotes to be through the roof on their prices and have never used them. I have always been happy using Mario at Kingdom Global logistics out of Florida. Just my 2 cents

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
regarding pump shippers... this topic comes up quite often, and everyone's input is valuable info.

would be nice to have one 'master' thread listing the possible carriers and then have follow-up replies by users giving actual feedback. then linking that in the Petro FAQ section.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
FWIW,

I had unishippers set up a shipment for me. We used "X" carrier for the shipment. About a week after shipment the invoice arrived in the mail for 150 dollars higher than the quoted amount. The carrier reclassified the shipment, even though the same carrier had shipped the same thing (gas pumps) before under the classification that I used.

The carrier would not change the bill, unishippers ate the 150 dollars and I paid the original quote. I dont use that carrier anymore, but my local unishippers office took care of me.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Well I think the young, very young " V.P." who was handling this had no business sense at all. They shoulda covered the $60 to $80 extra charge due to the incompetence of the other carrier. They are the ones who hire the contractors to handle their shipping. You gotta spend money to make it. What's done is done. Their loss not mine, plus all the hits on this lord knows what it cost them.

Everyone.......Have a SAFE & HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Half jokingly a couple of years ago I suggested to our "site owner" here at Oldgas to contact North American and sell them a banner ad and if they do a good job could become the "Offical Pump Mover" of Oldgas.com.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
you would think some shipper out there would "pickup" on this site and at least post offerings. but in a perfect world i wouldn't of posted this nightmare in the first place if the job contracted 2 weeks was completed and not bungled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved